Bosox Road Trip

Started by Sea Dog 23, May 12, 2024, 08:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Longgame and me (Sea Dog) have discussed taking in a WooSox game down in Charlotte, N.C. at Knights Stadium (White Sox affiliate).  It is a long home stand of six games.

We thought that Elktonnick and Mongo would be not too far away from Charlotte to get together for one of those games.  Anyone else have interest?  The dates are Tuesday May 28th through Sunday June 2nd, six games.  the weekday games are 6:35 PM and the weekend games are 1:05 PM. Let me know if any of those dates meet your schedule. 

It's been a sort of rough year, but would be good to meet up with you great baseball minds to help scuttle through this season !

longgame

It's easy for me, I'm in the Charlotte area.  But it would be fun to get together from a ballgame. 

Hope some of you want to join, I see this hasn't been responded to since I left on vacation. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 22, 2024, 10:24:06 AMIt's easy for me, I'm in the Charlotte area.  But it would be fun to get together from a ballgame. 

Hope some of you want to join, I see this hasn't been responded to since I left on vacation. 

Ted----I live in California but, God willing, next summer (2025) I would be elated to fly into Rebel Country and take in a ball game with you, Sea Dog, Elk, and Mongo.  You're the best bunch of guys I even interacted with over the past two decades (four boards).  Three of them eventually went the way of the ten cent cup of coffee, one, unfortunately, I got into a  tussle with two or three of the big wigs and got banned.  Anyway, let me know if you guys are planning on doing something in 2025 as my wife and I have already made reservations for our vacation this coming summer.

Sea Dog 23

I had the privilege of sharing a front row set of seats with longgame today. Impressed with Ted's great knowledge of baseball.

It was a pleasant day in Charlotte, more like New England weather.  Played the White Sox AAA club in Charlotte.  A good showing today by WooSox, with a Dalbec homer. but Winchowski dug a pitching hole that they could not get out of.  But WooSox do have a rising star in Dick Fitts, who should get a call up later this year when the Sox rotation thins out.  Fitts pitched a perfect game into the 8th earlier this week.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 02, 2024, 12:07:45 PMI had the privilege of sharing a front row set of seats with longgame today. Impressed with Ted's great knowledge of baseball.

It was a pleasant day in Charlotte, more like New England weather.  Played the White Sox AAA club in Charlotte.  A good showing today by WooSox, with a Dalbec homer. but Winchowski dug a pitching hole that they could not get out of.  But WooSox do have a rising star in Dick Fitts, who should get a call up later this year when the Sox rotation thins out.  Fitts pitched a perfect game into the 8th earlier this week.

Thanks SeaDog, I had a great time!  It was helpful to learn more about some of these prospects as you follow them pretty deep into the minors.  Dalbec and Westbrook were called up the next day.  We weren't impressed with Westbrook who had a throwing error although the 1B should have fielded it.  On the minor league scoreboard they don't note where people are playing that day, but they do show a default of IF, OF, C.  Every position player was listed as an IF (Dalbec was playing RF).  One of the catchers was the DH.  Let's just say there doesn't seem to be a lot of help coming.  Sogard was at SS but the great seats we had were just past 1B so it was hard to tell the misses on some ground balls but it seemed like he had a couple he should have had.

We'd love to get some of the other "local" guys for another outing.