GAME #58, FRIDAY, JUNE 1, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, June 01, 2018, 01:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Kelly gives up a solo dinger. That will probably seal it. Yanks won, so it's pretty much tied atop the ALE. I think Sox will be up by half a game at best.

markj

Kelly gives up another dinger. The 2-run variety this time. He's not fooling anyone tonight. This game is over. 'Stros up 7-3.

Schloicka

Certainly not Kellys night. Had been pretty much golden the past month. Guess was bound to happen at some point.

markj

Kelly allows 2 walks and 2 home runs. I wonder what made Cora finally decide to pull him?  iono ::)

markj

Another poor offensive showing. Solo dingers aren't going to win games unless you have lots of them. Kelly imploding didn't help, but the lack of scoring is the real problem.

SeaBeachFred

Dismal and very depressing tonight guys and I am very disappointed in how we simply went meekly out.  And tomorrow we face Verlander and could wind up getting swept.  Finally they put Mookie the Tight Side on the DL and where was Pedroia?  From what I've seen the first two nights we are not the quality needed to go very far this season unless we can beating teams like the Astros like the Yankees can.  We can't!!!!!  And from my vantage point, once again as in 2017 we look leaderless on the field.  And one wonders when Tight Side Betts will return to action.  No doubt he is a great player but I mentioned last year a couple of time that I thought he and Bogaerts were soft.  Could be I might right about the Mook.  Well I had better say no more but good night guys and let's hope for better results down the road.

ipot

I think we can survive Betts in the short term, let's say, 2 weeks.  What we are getting is a nice dose of what Champs are made of. And I'm talking about the Astros.  Verlander, Cole, Keuchel = scary.  Sale and Price aren't as good as those guys. Actually, Sale and Price don't have postseason stuff to brag about....the Astros are the team to beat again for the WS.  And the Astros will sweep us this weekend too....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Hitters have caught up to SALE.....  He needs to keep them off the plate with some CHIN MUSIC !!! iono iono