GAME #95, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 18, 2017, 03:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on July 18, 2017, 09:46:35 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 18, 2017, 09:31:33 PM
XB's MRI could be due diligence.
Price could have been auditioning for role elsewhere.
I said before that Johnson could be on showcase, or quick look to make sure we are comfy with him going forward.

We're a little deep in the unproven part of the pen with good arms, especially in AAA.

I'm not saying anything with those guys is gonna happen, but everything that happens this time of year makes me wonder. DD and JH were both hunkered over a monitor or something an inning or so ago.  13 days and counting....

I liked your idea----LOWRIE.  He can hit from both sides of the plate, play third, short and second, if not elsewhere as well.   That's the guy we should after because he could not only help us now but for the rest of the season and perhaps into next season since is so versatile----and his record is that he hits when it counts.  I remember some of his big hits for us very well.

I think some kind of trade happens before next week. No need to let it drag out. If they want a 3rd baseman (or anyone for that matter) go out and get it done. They must know who they want by now and who they can get.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on July 19, 2017, 02:33:19 AM
Frazier, a third baseman,goes to the yankees in a seven-man trade.
We could have used this guy; maybe we didn't have the pieces they wanted;
maybe Dombrowski wouldn't part with our young players. thumb_u

And maybe he had better have something up his sleeve-----like Jed Lowrie

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 19, 2017, 01:52:43 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 18, 2017, 08:16:43 PM
Offense not doing much again. 

Rumors are Frazier, Robertson and CWS Setup man to Yanks.  If true, this is basically a move to strengthen their pen and keep the Sox from acquiring Frazier. 

Where's Jed Lowrie's number?  Also, maybe Moustakas could be available.

Well I have egg all over my face today and it's a wonder my friends on this board haven't reamed my ass good and proper.  I railed about Young being in the lineup---he hit a home run.  I said maybe Hanley ought to sit since he had been struggling......he hits a walk off homer.  I have been very angry at Bogaerts and come to fine out that his hand has been killing him.  Well as Schloik said, it was his responsibility to let Farrell know this since Farrell is out to lunch most of the time anyway.  So thanks guys for not getting all over me for my miserably wrong take before last night's game.
Don't sweat it, dude! One game doesn't make for a trend.  :)