GAME #31, BOSTON RED SOX AT MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by Bear, May 07, 2017, 02:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 08, 2017, 02:44:09 PM
Matt Harvey has not been the same since his Tommy John surgery.

My children are METS fans - and Matt Harvey has some attitude issues as well.
NOT sure I would want his attitude in our clubhouse.
Just my two cents worth!

I've heard of those problems with Harvey and the Mets.  We've had the same problems with some of our guys as well.  It happens.  I'm more concerned about his effectiveness since he had TJ surgery as his ERA has climbed precipitously since t hat operation.  However, there has been records of players getting a new lease on life when moving to another team.  I think it might be worth the gamble since we need another good starting pitcher and what we have at Triple AAA right now would qualify as dog s@#t.  Where the hell have you been---on STFU with those pollyannas?  I post there myself but very rarely.

markj

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 08, 2017, 10:07:51 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 08, 2017, 02:44:09 PM
Matt Harvey has not been the same since his Tommy John surgery.

My children are METS fans - and Matt Harvey has some attitude issues as well.
NOT sure I would want his attitude in our clubhouse.
Just my two cents worth!

I've heard of those problems with Harvey and the Mets.  We've had the same problems with some of our guys as well.  It happens.  I'm more concerned about his effectiveness since he had TJ surgery as his ERA has climbed precipitously since t hat operation.  However, there has been records of players getting a new lease on life when moving to another team.  I think it might be worth the gamble since we need another good starting pitcher and what we have at Triple AAA right now would qualify as dog s@#t.  Where the hell have you been---on STFU with those pollyannas?  I post there myself but very rarely.

The one really good thing this season with the Sox is the clubhouse has been very good from all the reports from the media here. Getting a guy like Harvey would IMHO be detrimental to this team.Plus he has been pitching well below average.Yeah, there have been guys who got better with a team change but I think there have been as much if not more who don't.If our AAA team had guys who could help out in the OF when JBJ goes then fine.They have nothing who could help once Young starts to not hit RHP. I also really believe the Mets would want more than what was suggested.Not too many teams right now seeing how pathetic JBJ is at the plate would offer anything of use.The guy in his career had a very good 30-40 days last season and that's about all the guy has to show since being a starter.The problem with teams is when a guy has a good season or part of a season they think he has turned the corner.We have all seen that in MLB that is far from the case. Every team wanted EE from Toronto last year.He got a 60 mil deal for 3 years and has been terrible som far.Such is the life of being a MLB player.

longgame

Fun game.  I had been out most of the day, keeping tabs on the radio.  Came back to settle in and watch the last couple of innings.  Dozed off a little and we were coming to bat in a close game in the 9th!  Watched us score a couple of runs, dozed off and woke up a half hour later and we were still batting!

Let's see if they can keep this rolling.  NL park tonight so pitchers will be hitting.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on May 08, 2017, 10:11:26 PM
Glad to see you back, Bo.

Thank you!
My father passed away in early April
after a few months of being in the hospital,
rehab and a nursing care facility.
SO - posting on the boards was not a priority.
My Dad talk me love of Red Sox baseball.

Should be back now though.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 09, 2017, 02:47:53 PM
Quote from: markj on May 08, 2017, 10:11:26 PM
Glad to see you back, Bo.

Thank you!
My father passed away in early April
after a few months of being in the hospital,
rehab and a nursing care facility.
SO - posting on the boards was not a priority.
My Dad talk me love of Red Sox baseball.

Should be back now though.

Sorry to hear about your father.  My tear duct surgery was postponed because my doctor's mother passed away.  I lost both my parents, one in 2002 and one in 1969.  It is a tough grind but you will get over it.  Stay strong.