5. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
6. Luke Voit (R) 1B
7. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
8. Mike Tauchman (L) LF
9. Kyle Higashioka (R) C

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

Rick Porcello opening tomorrow four game series against the slugging Yankees.  Yea that Porcello.  OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markj

My big fear is that the Yanks are going to abuse the Sox like they did in London. If the Yanks sweep or even take 3 of the 4 games, the season is over for the Sox.

Bill-806

Home at last, HOME AT LAST...…  The HOT DOGS always taste better at the FENS !!!! rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: markj on July 24, 2019, 09:53:01 PM
My big fear is that the Yanks are going to abuse the Sox like they did in London. If the Yanks sweep or even take 3 of the 4 games, the season is over for the Sox.

If they sweep, yes.  I think this 14 game stretch is one where they need to win 10 of the 14 to make a difference.  They've won 2 and lost 1 so kind of on pace.  Still, at this point I think I'd be happy if the manage not to embarrass themselves like they did in London. 

Murph

Alex Speier
@alexspeier
· 2h
Dombrowski on @WEEI re: Red Sox at trade deadline: ‘There’s not a lot of needs ... I’m not sure how much we would buy. ... We’ll sit back and see what happens.’

This should be fun.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 25, 2019, 02:42:49 PM
No, not a lot of needs, but certainly a few critical needs.

I've already got the shakes markj knowing Porcello is going out there to start this critical and crucial four game series for us.  I know what the Yankees are thinking....to wit, it was almost one week short of a year ago  when our season cratered when those bastards from Boston waylaid our season.  Revenge is sweet and it is our turn to get them good and that means a four game sweep.  I just wonder if our team has the heart, guts, balls and courage to meet them on our turf and  batter the hell out of them and let them know....NOT ON MY FIELD YOU DON'T.   Unfortunately we have seen little of that kind of fight from our team this season and would be the right time to start showing some of that.

Well they certainly showed them tonight how by doing what I dreamed they might do........batter the hell out of them.  More on that on another post when I let everyone I made a fool of myself with my rash prediction.  Glad to have been so wrong, even to the point of being ridiculous.

Murph

Quote from: markj on July 25, 2019, 02:42:49 PM
No, not a lot of needs, but certainly a few critical needs.

Sounds to me as if he is letting us fans know if he does bring in someone it's not going to be a difference-maker.Another Cashner type SP or RP.

Murph

longgame

Hell of a shot by Bogey.  The only question when that left Tanaka’s hand was how far he was going to hit it.

That statement by Dombrowski is mind-boggling.  Maybe he’s spending too much time on his phone at the games and not actually watching them.

Murph

Murph

7 run 1st and few Sox fans feel safe with Porcello on the hill.