GAME #102, TUESDAY, JULY 23, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Schloicka, July 23, 2019, 10:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 23, 2019, 09:39:54 PM
We picked up two games in the wild card tonight.  One on the Rays and the Tribe lost to the Jays.  Oakland and Astros in extras. NYY lost too.

Yankees are in the bottom of the 6th inning and are losing 9 - 5.
Rooting for the Twins -

Sea Dog 23

The A's beat the Astros in the other WC thingy.  I got ahead of myself, the Yanks came back and put up 9 runs in the last three innings.  Hope that is not a harbinger for the weekend.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 23, 2019, 06:01:44 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on July 23, 2019, 04:01:26 PM
A MITCH MORELAND SIGHTING ?? iono iono

Mitch comes up, Marco goes down.
& that is a MISTAKE …… I will take MARCO ovaaa  COL. SAM TRAVIS any day ……. Good to get that win !!! iono iono

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 24, 2019, 07:13:20 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 23, 2019, 06:01:44 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on July 23, 2019, 04:01:26 PM
A MITCH MORELAND SIGHTING ?? iono iono

Mitch comes up, Marco goes down.
& that is a MISTAKE …… I will take MARCO ovaaa  COL. SAM TRAVIS any day ……. Good to get that win !!! iono iono

If Moreland gets hurt they have a 1B.  Chavis is still day-to-day too so it keeps a RH bat in the lineup.  I wonder if Marco will get packaged in a trade.

longgame

George nailed it with Workman.  He's good for a couple of outs but not much more.  He and Barnes are the best they have out there and then there's nobody.

I don't know what DD or JH need to see to get that we need relief help badly and it's not just one arm.  They need at least 2 guys if not 3 that can get guys out late in a game. 

Still, good they held on for the win.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 24, 2019, 08:00:57 AM
George nailed it with Workman.  He's good for a couple of outs but not much more.  He and Barnes are the best they have out there and then there's nobody.

I don't know what DD or JH need to see to get that we need relief help badly and it's not just one arm.  They need at least 2 guys if not 3 that can get guys out late in a game. 

Still, good they held on for the win.

And neither can pitch in the ninth inning.  That has been proven over and over.  Take the blinders off Dombrowski.  They can't do it and we need two solid relievers, one of whom is a closer.