5. Randal Grichuk (R) RF
6. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
7. Danny Jansen (R) C
8. Billy McKinney (L) 1B
9. Brandon Drury (R) 3B

Gametime Temp: 68°F
Chance of Precip: 9%

longgame

Sox are 3rd in AL in Batting average while the Jays are dead last.  Pitching stats show them 7th and 8th in the league although the Sox are 4.22 vs 4.81 for the Jays.  I think part of that is early season woes by the Sox and underlying stats like Quality Starts, Walks and Strikeouts show a pretty big difference. 

In other words, its time for the Sox to sweep these guys.

Bill-806

GOOD  lineup,  DEVERS with hamstring, NUNEZ at 3rd ????  I would go with HOLT or the other 2nd baseman at 3rd ???? iono iono iono

longgame

Too bad the Sox didn’t read my earlier post.  They’re back to clown show.

Sea Dog 23

The Sox just can't get going much in front of the home folks.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 21, 2019, 07:08:56 PM
The Sox just can't get going much in front of the home folks.

Quite amazing that they seem to be a completely different team from the one on the road trip.  Sale hasn’t been sharp, but the ump isn’t helping much either.  Of course Nunez contributes with an error - the guy is is a disaster with the glove.

markj

longgame

Got to give them credit for hanging in there and coming away with the win.  Nice job by Vaz on the walk off HR!

Schloicka

Workman with the win. Vazquez with the game winning 2 run hr. Good win. On to Saturday at 4pm Eastern.

SeaBeachFred

Coming home from a day with my grand kids I saw we were behind 5-1, but you know what?  I thought we might make a game of it....no kidding!!!!!  Win it?  Well not really, being behind by four but I thought we might close the gap some.  But we kept coming and Vazquez ended it with a boomer two run homer in the 10th.  These are good games to win, coming from behind, but our home record is still under 500 and we all know that is for the birds.  Sale?  Didn't have it tonight but the bullpen kept us in the.  I still think the Wild Card is our best bet because unless we really go on a tear the Yankees will be hard to catch......and will someone tell Cora that Nunez can DH on occasion and pinch hit regularly but keep him the hell off the infield.  He is a disaster with the glove.

Bill-806

GOOD WIN (another) ……. HOWEVAA, these x/tra inning games are tough on my eyes !! rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 21, 2019, 10:44:10 PM
Coming home from a day with my grand kids I saw we were behind 5-1, but you know what?  I thought we might make a game of it....no kidding!!!!!  Win it?  Well not really, being behind by four but I thought we might close the gap some.  But we kept coming and Vazquez ended it with a boomer two run homer in the 10th.  These are good games to win, coming from behind, but our home record is still under 500 and we all know that is for the birds.  Sale?  Didn't have it tonight but the bullpen kept us in the.  I still think the Wild Card is our best bet because unless we really go on a tear the Yankees will be hard to catch......and will someone tell Cora that Nunez can DH on occasion and pinch hit regularly but keep him the hell off the infield.  He is a disaster with the glove.

Agreed Fred.  They showed something by staying in it and lo and behold they came out on top.  Sale had a lousy night, part of it brought on by the ump and a few bloop hits, but he got through 5 and the pen did it's job again.  I still don't like how shaky the back end is - the three best guys are clearly Barnes, Brasier and Workman but all of them have terrible flaws.  Yet they got the job done.

Nunez is a disaster with the glove.  He used to play a decent 3B but now not so much.  But nice move to have Devers pinch hit and drive in the tying run. 

Sox are now in the #2 Wild Card spot, a game ahead of the Indians.  Meanwhile I read that the Yankees are interested in Scherzer, Bumgarner, Bauer and anyone else who may have a live arm.