GAME #14, FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2019, ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, April 12, 2019, 11:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

After a sleepy start the Sox are in a virtual tie with NYY. however the Rays are running away with the ALE.    sigh

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 12, 2019, 09:26:07 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on April 12, 2019, 09:03:55 PM
When are they going to DFA Thornburg

When he came in I said oh oh.  I just knew.  Didn't most of you too?  Dombrowski does not want to admit he made the worst mistake in his tenure by making that trade for that bum.  Of all the players who contributed to our great run last year the only team member who did absolutely nothing was the Thorn.  Imagine giving up a 30 homer, 100 RBI guy for this POS??????  Get rid of him.
I like you just knew he would screw it up.  Walking the leadoff guy with a 4 run lead was inexcusable.  The second he threw that fastball you just knew it was gone.  He has no movement on his fastball.  Hitters will sit on it everytime.

BTW one curious note even the Os announcers commented on how little the Red Sox starters worked in ST and how that contributed to the club's poor start.

Murph

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 12, 2019, 09:21:38 PM
Quote from: markj on April 12, 2019, 07:06:09 PM
Xander with an RBI double. Sox up 2-0.

Well markj that just me up---temporarily, but I would like to see him do that more often.  If he did I would be more than willing to tuck in my horns.  I am still waiting for Mookie Betts to get hot and for JD Martinez to get real hot.  They are the keys to our offense.

However, E-Rod pitched a solid game tonight and pitched into the seventh inning and I wasn't ticked when Alex let him start that inning.  We finally got a well pitched game from one of our starters and some clutch hits as well (Bogey????  Yes!!!!!)  Still our defense needs work from Vaz to Bogey on down the line.  Relief pitching save for the Thorn was good as well.  Let's see if we can go on a run now.  We need to start winning games in bunches.....like continuing this tomorrow.  And ALEX-----DON'T WAIT FOR PORCELLO TO START GIVING UP FIVE OR SIX RUNS..  When he loses it is usually a big bad inning.  Get him the hell out of there before than happens.  Then, again, maybe Rick will surprise us and pitch as Eduardo did tonight.

JD is fine - .321, 3 HRs and 9 RBIs.  If he wasn't hitting everything to dead center it would be even more.  Mookie is okay, not hot, but not bad either.  He seems to be showing signs of life now too.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on April 13, 2019, 08:15:18 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 12, 2019, 09:26:07 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on April 12, 2019, 09:03:55 PM
When are they going to DFA Thornburg

When he came in I said oh oh.  I just knew.  Didn't most of you too?  Dombrowski does not want to admit he made the worst mistake in his tenure by making that trade for that bum.  Of all the players who contributed to our great run last year the only team member who did absolutely nothing was the Thorn.  Imagine giving up a 30 homer, 100 RBI guy for this POS??????  Get rid of him.
I like you just knew he would screw it up.  Walking the leadoff guy with a 4 run lead was inexcusable.  The second he threw that fastball you just knew it was gone.  He has no movement on his fastball.  Hitters will sit on it everytime.

BTW one curious note even the Os announcers commented on how little the Red Sox starters worked in ST and how that contributed to the club's poor start.

I've found that while I don't like Thorne in particular, they have good analysis on the O's broadcasts. 

Thornburg is a disaster.  Only Carson Smith may have been a worse Sox deal.