3. David Peralta (L) LF
4. Adam Jones (R) RF
5. C. Walker (R) 1B
6. Ketel Marte (S) 2B
7. Nick Ahmed (R) SS
8. J. Murphy (R) C
9. Merrill Kelly (R) P

markj

Not a lot of hope for this one. Our only chance is if the Sox score early and often.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on April 07, 2019, 11:37:54 AM
Not a lot of hope for this one. Our only chance is if the Sox score early and often.
& the COLD reality  of NEW ENGLAND in APRIL awaits the long plane ride home......Heaven help our RED SOX !!! iono iono :losers

Sea Dog 23

Wow, is all I can say.  1-3 (no Mookie), Beni, Bogey, Moreland to set the table for  JDM.  No time to sit your stars, that sends the wrong message.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 07, 2019, 12:04:35 PM
Wow, is all I can say.  1-3 (no Mookie), Beni, Bogey, Moreland to set the table for  JDM.  No time to sit your stars, that sends the wrong message.
Cora will be quick to say that the season is a marathon and must be managed March thru September ??  But what a state we find ourselves in ??? iono iono iono

longgame

They've got 2 of the next 3 days off.  With the pitcher in the lineup the last couple of days they should have all the rest they need. 

The opposing pitcher has one game of MLB experience, before that he was in Korea.  I'm sure he'll shut us down. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 07, 2019, 11:37:54 AM

You're right markj---not too much hope.  Velasquez is one step short of garbage on the mound and has no business being on the team.  We would need a miracle to get a winning effort from that bum today.  But why is Mookie on the pine?  We need all our hitters in the lineup and I'm beginning to think that for some reason Alex Cora has gone off the deep end.  Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have an off day tomorrow?  Yesterday if was JD who sat and today it is Mookie.  Makes no sense; these were are two big guns last season, 43 and 32 homers, 330 and 346 in BA and 130 and 82 in RBI's with the latter coming because Mookie hit leadoff all season.  I guess we have to hope for a miracle today.  Very distressing what is happening to our beloved team.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 07, 2019, 01:21:01 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 07, 2019, 12:04:35 PM
Cora will be quick to say that the season is a marathon and must be managed March thru September ??  But what a state we find ourselves in ??? iono iono iono

Alex is right....UNDER MOST CIRCUMSTANCES, but this is not a normal circumstance.  With each losswe fall farther and farther behind and there is no guarantee we are suddenly going to turn it on just because we're coming home.  That didn't happen in 2014 and it might not happen.  We need our best nine bats in that lineup.  One good thing, though, is that Choker Bogaerts is hitting second today which should negate his totally inept attempt to hit with key men on base where he has failed just about every time so far this season.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 07, 2019, 01:47:24 PM
They've got 2 of the next 3 days off.  With the pitcher in the lineup the last couple of days they should have all the rest they need. 

The opposing pitcher has one game of MLB experience, before that he was in Korea.  I'm sure he'll shut us down.

Maybe it's me Ted and the rest of you here, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the hell has come over Cora.  His lineup changes the past few days defy common sense.

elktonnick

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 07, 2019, 02:38:44 PM
Quote from: longgame on April 07, 2019, 01:47:24 PM

Maybe it's me Ted and the rest of you here, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the hell has come over Cora.  His lineup changes the past few days defy common sense.

AGREE Fred - they don't seem to care if they win or lose.
ALMOST like these are Spring Training games.
SO DISAPPOINTED in the way this team is playing.
Starting pitching, defense and offense NEEDS major work.
SAD.Embarrassing that the defending World Series Champions have started off the season this way.

markj

Walden comes in and gives up a double on the first pitch. Sac bunt gets the runner to third. D'backs will be on the scoreboard in the next few pitches.

markj

Wow, really stupid base running by the D'Backs just cost them a run.

markj

Amazing. Never thought they'd get out of that inning without giving up a run.

markj

Walden in his first MLB at bat stood there and watched four pitches go by. Wouldn't you at least want to swing once? Maybe get lucky and hit the ball?