GAME #129, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 26, 2017, 01:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Sox batters look like they've just given up at the plate. 3 up, 3 down. 3 up, 3 down.

ojdidit

This is beyond any doubt the worst three games in a row this season.

markj

Quote from: ojdidit on August 26, 2017, 05:38:31 PM
This is beyond any doubt the worst three games in a row this season.
I blame Raj Davis. Ever since he came on board, they've been getting their asses kicked. He must be the cause. Yeah, yeah, that's it. Blame Davis.

markj

markj

36 runs given up in the last 3 games. How sad is that?

Sea Dog 23

Do we even have a pitching coach?  You'd think he could offer some advice before the season gets gone.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 26, 2017, 06:32:29 PM
Do we even have a pitching coach?  You'd think he could offer some advice before the season gets gone.

We have one is is titled the pitching coach but what wonders how he gets the job done.  To me the coaching staff seems very clubby to me and I sometimes think they act more like a bunch of friends at a fraternity party that serious studs determined to right a ship when it goes off course.  Actually, we all know it starts at the top and in the next week we will see how the team responds and how Farrell handles things.

I've seen this scene before.  2011 anyone?  Perhaps 2009?  I would say 2015 but we went from a winning record to the gates of hell that May so I can't use that as an example except to say that under JF this team seems to have a penchant for long dry spells at the plate, mistakes galore on the bases, errors and stupidity in the field and almost a laizze faire attitude where they seem to just go through the motions.  We need to wake up tomorrow and get our shit together because this could be the beginning of a tank job.

Rob from Mass

Yes, it is the same pitching coach that has led the pitchers to the 2nd best ERA in the AL and the 4th best in all of MLB.  The last I remembered it's the pitchers who throw the ball . You don`t blame a coaches staff that is 4th best out of 30 teams. It seems the advice he has given has been damn good up to the last 3 games wouldn't you agree.

ipot

Thank god the NYY won. For a while there I thought we were going to win the ALE  ::)

3 game sh--t show of 36 - 9.   
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 26, 2017, 08:20:33 PM

Yes, it is the same pitching coach that has led the pitchers to the 2nd best ERA in the AL and the 4th best in all of MLB.  The last I remembered it's the pitchers who throw the ball . You don`t blame a coaches staff that is 4th best out of 30 teams. It seems the advice he has given has been damn good up to the last 3 games wouldn't you agree.

The past records look good, granted.  But I don't like the way this is trending.  Shades of the staff in the AL playoffs last year.

Bear

Nine bad innings for our offense!  What's up with that?
We are in a funk!  Plain and simple.
Wanted, September call-ups....rush!

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 26, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

We have one is is titled the pitching coach but what wonders how he gets the job done.  To me the coaching staff seems very clubby to me and I sometimes think they act more like a bunch of friends at a fraternity party that serious studs determined to right a ship when it goes off course.  Actually, we all know it starts at the top and in the next week we will see how the team responds and how Farrell handles things.

I've seen this scene before.  2011 anyone?  Perhaps 2009?  I would say 2015 but we went from a winning record to the gates of hell that May so I can't use that as an example except to say that under JF this team seems to have a penchant for long dry spells at the plate, mistakes galore on the bases, errors and stupidity in the field and almost a laizze faire attitude where they seem to just go through the motions.  We need to wake up tomorrow and get our shit together because this could be the beginning of a tank job.

This sure looks like a team that's already in the tank.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

As DAD would say,   "SON, like sand thru the hour glass, so are the days of our RED SOX"  !!! thumb_d iono slap rofl

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 26, 2017, 11:06:30 PM

The past records look good, granted.  But I don't like the way this is trending.  Shades of the staff in the AL playoffs last year.

Up and downs for every team.Can`t recall any teams not going through hard times .Nature of the beast in ANY SPORT.

SeaBeachFred

Rob, wake up.   This team could be in a total collapse mode.  They have stunk beyond reason the past few games and our lead is shrinking and a road trip is coming up. The fact is the hot streak is over and the team is playing as they did in June and July----namely shitty.  This to me is very much like what happened in 2011, only this time it is earlier.  If the ship is not righted within the next few days we are heading deep in the tank and will not recover, a la 2011.