GAME #11, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2018, NY YANKEES AT RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 11, 2018, 02:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Like I said, more Yankee runs. Now 8-1. This may be a repeat of last night with the Yanks coming out on top this time.

markj

JD!!!! Pulls a Mookie and gets a granny. Sox back in it, 8-6.

BoSoxFanNY

Went out to dinner - saw the score was 8 - 1
THEN, noticed that JD Martinez hits a GRAND SLAM.

Yankees 8 - Sox 6

AND only going to the top of the 6th inning . . .

longgame

Wow amazing.  I'm concerned about Price after he had started so well in his last two games.  Let's hope it's something minor.  If the pen holds this together enough for them to tack on a few more runs then they may be able to pull this off!

markj

Meatball Matt Barnes is trying to give it all back. Two wild pitches in one inning. Add in a bad throw to 2nd by Vazquez and the Sox seem to be self-inflicting damage here.

elktonnick

Barnes struck me as someone who was afraid to throw strikes.  I hate to see lead off walks.  I think they are inexcuseable.

markj

Tyler Austin is the new A-Rod. Someone needs to shove a glove in his mouth.

markj

MLB announcers are clowns if they think that slide and spiking by Austin wasn't intentional.

elktonnick

elktonnick

Question for anyone who may know: Didn't Price have similar mysterious ailment last year against the Yankees resulting in an early exit?

markj

At least it didn't turn into a blowout. Price better have a damn good reason for putting them in a hole and then bailing on the game.

elktonnick

He does.  He is a wuss!!!

Like I asked,I think he has done this before.

BoSoxFanNY

HATE losing to the Yankees -
at least this team battled all game.

Yankees 10 - Sox 7

WONDER what happened to Price?

Sox basically pitched their bullpen, similar to what the Rays
did in one of their games.

HATE losing to the Yankees.

SeaBeachFred

I asked earlier why Bradley was in the lineup????  Well he answered it for me with three hits.  About time---and maybe he might be going on one of his hot streaks.  What I now want is for Porcello to stand up and get through the first inning and get us a "W" tomorrow.  I want to win this rubber game and win the series.  And, please, keep Carson Smith and Meatball Barnes away from the mound so we have a chance to win  tomorrow.

Leesam01

Missed the game this evening, but it sounds like there was a lot of drama ...

Price fails, then Sox bullpen fails. And Yankee monkey business.

I still think the Sox are going to need to upgrade the pen - too many mediocre middle relievers right now, unlike some previous recent years.