GAME #9, SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2018, TAMPA BAY V BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 08, 2018, 12:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Cash has got to be on thin ice about now. Unless losing badly is part of the Rays' owner's plan. A 1-8 start can't be a good thing.

elktonnick

Rob from Mass

Mike Petraglia is reporting that Bogaerts hurt his left ankle in the 8th inning.
Report will be coming out on Monday.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on April 08, 2018, 04:02:29 PM
Cash has got to be on thin ice about now. Unless losing badly is part of the Rays' owner's plan. A 1-8 start can't be a good thing.

Part of that goes to the FO since they sort of cleaned house letting their best players leave by FA.

markj

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 08, 2018, 04:10:43 PM
Quote from: markj on April 08, 2018, 04:02:29 PM

Part of that goes to the FO since they sort of cleaned house letting their best players leave by FA.

That's why I wonder if it's all part of the plan. Like the movie Major League. Play poorly enough and maybe you can move the team elsewhere. They certainly have no huge fan base in Tampa.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 08, 2018, 01:26:46 PM
Cora must have been dreaming about Farrell last night.There's a day off tomorrow so using the pen is not an issue.What the hell he is waiting for is beyond me.He pulled Sale with 9 pitches and a 4-0 lead but he leaves a guy with no spring training and coming back from an injury.Going forward Cora IMHO will be a problem.

Makes you wonder about him Rob.  I imagine something is going on in his mind but that wasn't smart at all.  E-Rod had no ST for the most part, the weather was cold and there he was throwing longer than he should have.  If the game hadn't ended the way it did I'd have a lot more to say on that subject.  Hopefully E-Rod's arm and knee haven't had a setback.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 08, 2018, 03:28:56 PM
mlb.com (red sox) reports Bogey injured his ankle.

Oh sh@t!!!!!!!  And with the Yankees coming to town.  Hope he can play against them.  But, hey, we're 8-1, three up on the Yankees in the all important loss column and who knows, maybe Baltimore can pull that extra inning game out.  Look, that screw up that first day left us all in lather but we came back and won the next eight so who can complain right now?  Man, we got, what six straight hits with two outs?  That's what I counted.....if I counted right.  One minute it was seven to two. I go to the refrig for a drink and come back and we're running the bases and it's 7-5 and a few hits later we're ahead 8-7.  I mean, that's the way to come back.  I just hope this is the start of something really good the next few months.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on April 08, 2018, 02:43:02 PM
Do we need any further proof that JD Martinez should not be playing the outfield.
B I N G O dat !!!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono

Bill-806

A win is a win, but as DAD would say.... "SON, we had no business winning that game, after the 1st inning and his 3 strike outs, E-ROD reverted to his off the mark potential.".... Defense was terrible, Bogey, who was he shoveling the ball to ?? Not to mention the dumb slide into the dugout..... I couldn't watch anymore, but I certainly hope that after they won, they just went to the locker room and didn't jump around like a bunch of 13 year olds !!! Discipline is part of the game, all that FUN stuff goes with the "EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY CRAP" AND IN THE END GOES HOME !!  Alex, you are 8 & 1, it is my hope that you have learned a "bunch" about your roster in the first 9 games that will help you out starting TUESDAY against the YANK$ !!!   BTW,  J B J is still the best centerfielder on that TEAM !!  J D, obviously, like a first date is having a difficult time with the WALL DANCE !!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono iono iono iono

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 08, 2018, 04:19:21 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 08, 2018, 01:26:46 PM
Cora must have been dreaming about Farrell last night.There's a day off tomorrow so using the pen is not an issue.What the hell he is waiting for is beyond me.He pulled Sale with 9 pitches and a 4-0 lead but he leaves a guy with no spring training and coming back from an injury.Going forward Cora IMHO will be a problem.

Makes you wonder about him Rob.  I imagine something is going on in his mind but that wasn't smart at all.  E-Rod had no ST for the most part, the weather was cold and there he was throwing longer than he should have.  If the game hadn't ended the way it did I'd have a lot more to say on that subject.  Hopefully E-Rod's arm and knee haven't had a setback.

Don`t worry Fred I would have said enough for the both of us. Absolutely no reason what so ever to leave him once he got to 70 -75 pitches.My peeve is that with no game on Monday he could have used the entire pen.Hopefully, he learns from his shortcomings.

Rob from Mass

Maybe Dana will help Cora out with his decisions going forward.Considering it was Erods first start on a terribly cold day IMO he did pretty damn good and should not have been subjected to throwing 92 pitches.  It was a Farrell like moment in his head for sure. Nothing yet on Bogeys injury after a helluva great hustle play.Great to see a guy play all out like that. JD should take notice and give more on D.Then again he should not be in the field.His arm showed a lot to be desired also today.

Bill-806

So , Walden is in PAWTUCKET, Johnson & Valequez are in LIMBO & everyone is still GAR GAR over E-ROD ????? I have seen 4 or 5 years of this stiff...... MOVE him out, NOW  D D !!! thumb_d iono iono iono iono

ipot

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 08, 2018, 05:09:40 PM
Maybe Dana will help Cora out with his decisions going forward.Considering it was Erods first start on a terribly cold day IMO he did pretty damn good and should not have been subjected to throwing 92 pitches.  It was a Farrell like moment in his head for sure. Nothing yet on Bogeys injury after a helluva great hustle play.Great to see a guy play all out like that. JD should take notice and give more on D.Then again he should not be in the field.His arm showed a lot to be desired also today.

Yeah, the E-Rod thing was a bit of a head scratcher.  You got to think Cora will only make the mistakes once.  He can only get wiser as the season moves on. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

OK, after sleeping on it, certainly was a great comeback and an exciting finish for the fans that remained at frigid FENWAY...  Just hope that BOGEY's leg/ankle is not all torn up and that he will be 100% OK ????  Fingers crossed !! thumb_u thumb_u iono iono iono

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on April 08, 2018, 11:54:39 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 08, 2018, 05:09:40 PM

Yeah, the E-Rod thing was a bit of a head scratcher.  You got to think Cora will only make the mistakes once.  He can only get wiser as the season moves on.

All rookie managers make mistakes but that was borderline plain ridiculous.And yes we hope he learns from that.