GAME #9, SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2018, TAMPA BAY V BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 08, 2018, 12:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Not good pitching management for sure, and that glowing pitching ERA is taking a hit today.

Rob from Mass

Shocked that Smith is pitching this terrible.I thought once he was healthy he would be a BP force. I guess I was wrong.

elktonnick

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 08, 2018, 02:44:41 PM
JD had no idea what to do with that fly ball that 15 feet up on the wall.At least he didn`t run into the wall.
Need to keep him at DH.

The biggest knock on JD Martinez's defense is his arm.  We saw two examples of where his poor throwing from the field had negative consequences.

Rob from Mass

Need to rally in next 2 innings to salvage this game in spite of Cora.

Sea Dog 23

Rob from Mass

That is how to play the wall.Field the track and turn to see where the ball is. JD went right to the wall and watched the ball hit the wall then turned.

Rob from Mass

Devers may need to shore up his defense but the Kid sure can hit for a 21-year-old.

Rob from Mass

MOOKIE  ties it up

Rob from Mass

Despite Cora's managing the Sox refuse to give up.Beni with a double

Rob from Mass

markj

Wow, what a time to tune in. Was 7-3 when we got home, went immediately to 7-5, and now it's 8-7. Glad I missed the crappy parts. Kimbrel better save this one.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on April 08, 2018, 03:52:19 PM
Wow, what a time to tune in. Was 7-3 when we got home, went immediately to 7-5, and now it's 8-7. Glad I missed the crappy parts. Kimbrel better save this one.

38 degrees out and Erod with his 1st start with no ST Cora for some unknown reason left him struggle to 92 pitches in only   
3  2/3  innings.

Rob from Mass

Rob from Mass

The team that will not give up. 8 in a row! Let’s just pray Bogey’s injury isn’t too serious.