GAME #9, SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2018, TAMPA BAY V BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 08, 2018, 12:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leesam01

E-Rod is scuffling with a pitch count of over 70 and a lot of men on base, but in some cases looks great on some of those K's. Interesting to look both good and bad in the same outing ...

Good day to bring in the long relief early.

Leesam01

1st and 2nd with no outs, pitch count 81. Time to get some long relief warming up. It's cold, and E-Rod is coming back from injury, time to wrap it up.

Rob from Mass

Cora must have been dreaming about Farrell last night.There's a day off tomorrow so using the pen is not an issue.What the hell he is waiting for is beyond me.He pulled Sale with 9 pitches and a 4-0 lead but he leaves a guy with no spring training and coming back from an injury.Going forward Cora IMHO will be a problem.

Rob from Mass

There is no defense for having someone in for his 1st start on a cold day stay out that long with a day off tomorrow for the pen. Imagine if Farrell did that.

Leesam01

E-Rod's final line:

IP   H   R   ER   BB   K   HR   WHIP   ERA
   3.2   5   3   3   2   7   1   1.91           7.36

It's 38 degrees with 15 mph winds, E-Rod coming back from injury. No way he should have gone out past 3 innings.

Rob from Mass

I can`t wait for Cora`s lame excuse in the post-game interview for leaving Erod struggle to 92 pitches.

Leesam01

Rob from Mass

elktonnick

Do we need any further proof that JD Martinez should not be playing the outfield.

Rob from Mass

JD had no idea what to do with that fly ball that 15 feet up on the wall.At least he didn`t run into the wall.
Need to keep him at DH.

Rob from Mass

Bogey gives 110% on ball going into the dugout and limps badly of the field with help going down the steps.Not good at all for the HOT Bogey.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: elktonnick on April 08, 2018, 02:43:02 PM
Do we need any further proof that JD Martinez should not be playing the outfield.

If only the rookie manager could see what everyone knew about JD and his OF deficiency.

Rob from Mass

The look on Cora's face as he stood on top of the steps seemed to say what the hell am I doing as a manager.

Rob from Mass

This game could be different if Erod was taken out of the game way before he through pitch #92 in 3  2/3 innings