GAME #4, SUNDAY, APRIL 1, 2018, RED SOX V RAYS

Started by Bear, April 01, 2018, 12:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 02, 2018, 10:58:35 AM
Quote from: longgame on April 02, 2018, 07:59:31 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on April 01, 2018, 06:28:27 PM
Just got back home from the TROP.....  Strange being in the DOME, but very comfortable...... again our hitting was right at the fielders, glad to get out of there with 3 VICTORY's ....... SMALL crowd ( EASTER ??) with 50 %+- RED SOX FANS...... thumb_u rofl rofl

Strange place to see a game, especially when it's as empty as it was when you went.  We went some years ago, one of the seasons when they were pretty good, and the place was pretty full - although a lot were Sox fans.  I seriously don't get why they don't light that place better.  I guess they finally are trying to get a new stadium.

As for the Sox, I'm quite concerned about the lack of hitting.  Plus, has Febles coached 3B before?  Because he has no idea when to send someone.  The team seems to be right about where they were a year ago - no offense, lucky to hold on behind good pitching.

Still, I'll take first place!
All true, especially the BASE running, heck, B HOLT was out by a mile & we have not generated enough offense yet to cover our base running mistakes..... We ended a possible big inning on sending Holt.... iono iono

The only logic I can see is 3rd base coach hoping for an errant throw.  I think Mookie or Devers was the next batter.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 02, 2018, 11:09:32 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on April 02, 2018, 10:58:35 AM
Just got back home from the TROP.....  Strange being in the DOME, but very comfortable...... again our hitting was right at the fielders, glad to get out of there with 3 VICTORY's ....... SMALL crowd ( EASTER ??) with 50 %+- RED SOX FANS...... thumb_u rofl rofl

Strange place to see a game, especially when it's as empty as it was when you went.  We went some years ago, one of the seasons when they were pretty good, and the place was pretty full - although a lot were Sox fans.  I seriously don't get why they don't light that place better.  I guess they finally are trying to get a new stadium.

As for the Sox, I'm quite concerned about the lack of hitting.  Plus, has Febles coached 3B before?  Because he has no idea when to send someone.  The team seems to be right about where they were a year ago - no offense, lucky to hold on behind good pitching.

Still, I'll take first place!
All true, especially the BASE running, heck, B HOLT was out by a mile & we have not generated enough offense yet to cover our base running mistakes..... We ended a possible big inning on sending Holt.... iono iono

The only logic I can see is 3rd base coach hoping for an errant throw.  I think Mookie or Devers was the next batter.
TRUE, & it was a good throw, more reason why with the top of the order ( forgot who, 1-3) coming up, was a dumb "send" !! iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 02, 2018, 08:13:34 AM

The batting woes could be affected by the staff throwing a lot of new techniques at the batters by installing the new 'launch angle' and getting hitters to solve the shift factor the first series.  That's ironic that the preferred launch angle was demonstrated by Ted Williams in one video I saw.  Guys like Bonds emphasized hitting down on the ball.

And so did A-Rod last night during the Sunday Nigh Baseball Game between the Giants and the Dodgers.  I've watched film and it wasn't only Bonds that talked that way.  Henry Aaron, Jackie Robinson and Lou Gehrig all hit down on the ball and hit for power and average.  Launch angle is going to be counter-acted when pitchers start pounding the ball inside and off speeding breaking balls on the outside.  This is a fad that will run its course after it has hurt many batters who took launch angle to an extreme.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 02, 2018, 03:26:42 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 02, 2018, 08:13:34 AM

The batting woes could be affected by the staff throwing a lot of new techniques at the batters by installing the new 'launch angle' and getting hitters to solve the shift factor the first series.  That's ironic that the preferred launch angle was demonstrated by Ted Williams in one video I saw.  Guys like Bonds emphasized hitting down on the ball.

And so did A-Rod last night during the Sunday Nigh Baseball Game between the Giants and the Dodgers.  I've watched film and it wasn't only Bonds that talked that way.  Henry Aaron, Jackie Robinson and Lou Gehrig all hit down on the ball and hit for power and average.  Launch angle is going to be counter-acted when pitchers start pounding the ball inside and off speeding breaking balls on the outside.  This is a fad that will run its course after it has hurt many batters who took launch angle to an extreme.
THEODORE SAMUEL WILLIAMS ???? iono iono iono