GAME #3, MARCH 31, 2018, RED SOX V RAYS

Started by Bear, March 31, 2018, 03:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Have to pinch hit for Leon there. Have 3 catchers. Pinch hit anyone there. Devers, Vaz, Swihart.

Bill-806

PLEASE don't BLOW this GAME !!! iono iono iono rofl rofl

markj

Nail biter against the Rays mediocre BP. Can anyone but Xander hit this year?

longgame

Who would have thought the headline would be "Porcello wins behind defense, Bogaerts offense"?

I'm a bit concerned these guys seem to have the same problems scoring that plagued them last year.  I think (hope) they just need a big offensive breakout game to get it going.  At least Bogey looks like a different guy at the plate - he's standing up taller and taking a full cut and you can see the results.

BTW, someone needs to tell Leon that with Kimbrel you call for the fastball and maybe an offspeed pitch or two.  He gets in trouble when he gets away from the cheese and almost blew it tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on March 31, 2018, 08:42:34 PM
Who would have thought the headline would be "Porcello wins behind defense, Bogaerts offense"?

I'm a bit concerned these guys seem to have the same problems scoring that plagued them last year.  I think (hope) they just need a big offensive breakout game to get it going.  At least Bogey looks like a different guy at the plate - he's standing up taller and taking a full cut and you can see the results.

BTW, someone needs to tell Leon that with Kimbrel you call for the fastball and maybe an offspeed pitch or two.  He gets in trouble when he gets away from the cheese and almost blew it tonight.

I expect Leon will join Bradley on the road out of Boston when Dumbrowski finally grows a brain.  The god news is we won; the bad is that we didn't hit----AGAIN, and Kimbrel can't pitch tomorrow so we better put some runs on the board and this time the rest of the bullpen does its job as it didn't do on Thursday......get that Kelly?  Get that Smith?

elktonnick

Let's give credit to the Rays young arms.  These guys can flat out pitch.  Why can a poverty stricken franchise like Tampa Bay consistently develop such quality young arms and the Red Sox can't.

One doesn't fully appreciate how strapped for cash Tampa Bay is until one watches a game at the Trop. We all see the place on TV but to experience a game that is a whole other matter.
The Rays brag that they have just upgraded the concessions.  I can't imagine what they were like before the supposed up grade. 

The Delmarva Shorebirds, Wilmington Blue Rocks and the old Prince William Cannons of the Carolina League have better quality food.  The Trop clearly has the worst in organized baseball.  (I confessed I have never attended a game in the Mexican league.). The food may suck but their pitching is excellent.  Expect the  Rays to be a spoiler.  They may not be a playoff team but they will drive their ALE rivals crazy.

ipot

Maybe there is something to be said about TB pitching, but our offense is looking mighty sluggish....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on March 31, 2018, 11:28:20 PM
Maybe there is something to be said about TB pitching, but our offense is looking mighty sluggish....

Rays have always had a knack for finding young pitchers.Year after year they have pitching comes up thru their system.
And year after year NOTHING comes up from the Sox FARM. Must be bad fertilizer down in RI.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 01, 2018, 07:07:34 AM
Quote from: ipot on March 31, 2018, 11:28:20 PM

Rays have always had a knack for finding young pitchers.Year after year they have pitching comes up thru their system.
And year after year NOTHING comes up from the Sox FARM. Must be bad fertilizer down in RI.

I'm trying to remember ANY of our minor league 'phenom' pitchers that we've traded for MLB players who have had success anywhere....Kelly, Espinosa, maybe I'm not thinking hard enough. 

Rob from Mass

LOST ...RED SOX OFFENSE    CALL ALEX CORA   ASAP.....REWARD PENDING

Bill-806

B I N G O ....  Here we are, 2-1 and APRIL 1st is today !!!  Go SOX  ..... BTW did I see that the YANK$ LOST  ??? thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 01, 2018, 08:11:51 AM
B I N G O ....  Here we are, 2-1 and APRIL 1st is today !!!  Go SOX  ..... BTW did I see that the YANK$ LOST  ??? thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl

Enjoy yourself today, Bill.  Sounds like more Sox fans down there than Rays.  Maybe they are more into 'ockey.   :-\

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 01, 2018, 08:27:34 AM

Enjoy yourself today, Bill.  Sounds like more Sox fans down there than Rays.  Maybe they are more into 'ockey.   :-\
Thanks Sea Dog..... I have never been there before but my daughter says that we have GOOD SEATS...  That said, I hope that I don't get to excited and run out on the field.......My other "ROAD PARKS" have been the old Shea Stadium, Old Comisky Park, Wrigly Field, and Anahiem Cal in my NAVY DAYS !!!  GO SOX, lets get # 3 !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 01, 2018, 08:39:43 AM

Thanks Sea Dog..... I have never been there before but my daughter says that we have GOOD SEATS...  That said, I hope that I don't get to excited and run out on the field.......My other "ROAD PARKS" have been the old Shea Stadium, Old Comisky Park, Wrigly Field, and Anahiem Cal in my NAVY DAYS !!!  GO SOX, lets get # 3 !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl

Root the Sox on as they play in the DUMP.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 01, 2018, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on April 01, 2018, 08:39:43 AM

Root the Sox on as they play in the DUMP.
WILL do SON..... I hope they win because we are now into APRIL !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl