GAME #156, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by Bear, September 23, 2018, 09:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

62 pitches and counting. Is Cora seeing if this guy can join the starting rotation?

markj

I'll be damned. Cuevas with another inning and 80 pitches under his belt. Pretty decent showing.

longgame

Cuevas has been great.  Sure would be nice to score here!

Moreland and Kinsler also seem to be struggling at the plate.  Especially Moreland.  But top of the order is coming up.

Schloicka

Cuevas pitched very well regardless of what happens. 5 innings with 80 pitches so far. Gave up 2 hits & 2 walks.

markj

And he's out there again. At this rate he'll hit 100 pitches. A full game's worth. It's a shame they can't win this one for him. Lin just booted a play. Now they're in deep doo-doo.

markj

markj

Robby Scott in. This won't last long. Any fly ball into the OF and it's over.

markj

Schloicka

Cuevas with the loss but pitched very well. Threw 93 pitches in relief. Sox had many chances to score but did nothing after the 5th inning. On to Baltimore tomorrow. Let's get that 1 win to lock up home field.

markj

One more win is pretty much a sure bet. They can't possibly get swept by the O's. Just get that one win and then who cares.

ipot

Quote from: markj on September 23, 2018, 10:40:23 PM
One more win is pretty much a sure bet. They can't possibly get swept by the O's. Just get that one win and then who cares.

Pretty much.  I just didn't like one glaring stat: Mookie went 4 for 6; the rest of the team 4 for 34.  Cora can't allow complacency to set in....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

You guys can dance around this all day and night but the fact is we were flatter than a pancake tonight.  There was no energy or any sense of urgency and we go home tonight on a downer.  We need to secure home field advantage and we need to start hitting again.  These damn hitting droughts are irritating and disgusting.  Mookie and no one else.  And Alex, get Martinez' ass in that lineup for the rest of the regular season along with our best hitters and try to win four of the next six games or we'll once again enter the post season flat and devoid of any momentum whatsoever. Cuevas did very well tonight but our defense stunk and our hitting stunk even more.  Get the damn apples out of our throats and start hitting in the clutch.  AL East Champions or not, we looked like shit tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 23, 2018, 05:46:59 PM
Martinez with a night off but otherwise a lineup that should win this series against a team we are 20 games ahead of.

Sorry Ted---with out JD, no can do bobaloo!!!!!!

longgame

I'm not too worried about the loss.  The bullpen pitched a lot the day before and Cuevas was impressive.  I'm concerned that Moreland and to some extent Kinsler have fallen off the face of the earth.  Also hope Bogey is okay. 

What was tough was listening to the ESPN announcers for so long, like when A-Rod made a remark about Bogey not advancing to third on a WP (he was on first), or when they all went giddy because Vasgersian took a bathroom break.  Plus they were apparently completely unaware the Saturday's game went 11 innings.  Actually A-Rod is the best of all of them which is hard to believe.  At least he knows what he's talking about.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on September 24, 2018, 08:51:43 AM
I'm not too worried about the loss.  The bullpen pitched a lot the day before and Cuevas was impressive.  I'm concerned that Moreland and to some extent Kinsler have fallen off the face of the earth.  Also hope Bogey is okay. 

What was tough was listening to the ESPN announcers for so long, like when A-Rod made a remark about Bogey not advancing to third on a WP (he was on first), or when they all went giddy because Vasgersian took a bathroom break.  Plus they were apparently completely unaware the Saturday's game went 11 innings.  Actually A-Rod is the best of all of them which is hard to believe.  At least he knows what he's talking about.
B I N G O …….. Roster shape will take care of itself, look for 2 or 3 SURPRISES !!! thumb_u iono iono iono