GAME #155, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by Bear, September 22, 2018, 03:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: ipot on September 22, 2018, 10:29:32 PM
I think Cora didn't want the game to go deep so he torpedoed it by throwing Pomeranz out there.

Houston wins.
Saving the BP might not have been a bad idea. End the game and try again tomorrow.

Bear

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 22, 2018, 07:35:51 PM
Porcello just doesn't have it tonight. Can't put batters away.

markj, Porcello hasn't pitched a decent game since he beat the Yankees on August 3, well over a month ago.  He gives up too many hits and cannot consistently put batters away.  And look at his ERA.  The front office treats him like a sacred cow but I've come to have very little confidence that he will finally step up and go the job he is being paid to do.  He simply is not doing that job and is headed for being a real minus for us in the playoffs unless he gets his shit together----and I doubt that he will.

SeaBeachFred

I think Cora didn't want the game to go deep so he torpedoed it by throwing Pomeranz out there.

Houston wins.

Well Cora should; have learned one thing tonight and that is that Pomeranz is totally useless.  There is no way they can put him on the 25 man roster for the playoffs on the sick and sorry excuse that he has veteran experience and we need a lefty in the bullpen.  No we don't if it is a total turd like Poopie Pants.  He and Kelly should be jettisoned as soon as the regular season ends.  Well, we won a game last night that we most likely shouldn't have won and lost one tonight that we could have won.  Rubber game tomorrow and we'll see if we can recover and take it to the Tribe.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 23, 2018, 12:11:35 AM

Houston wins.

Well Cora should; have learned one thing tonight and that is that Pomeranz is totally useless.  There is no way they can put him on the 25 man roster for the playoffs on the sick and sorry excuse that he has veteran experience and we need a lefty in the bullpen.  No we don't if it is a total turd like Poopie Pants.  He and Kelly should be jettisoned as soon as the regular season ends.  Well, we won a game last night that we most likely shouldn't have won and lost one tonight that we could have won.  Rubber game tomorrow and we'll see if we can recover and take it to the Tribe.
POMERANZ is GONE.....  Now for DEVERS in the POST SEASON ????   D H , maybe ??  But you can not put him at 3rd as every out, every pitch, every play matters !! iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 23, 2018, 08:07:03 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 23, 2018, 12:11:35 AM

Houston wins.

POMERANZ is GONE.....  Now for DEVERS in the POST SEASON ????   D H , maybe ??  But you can not put him at 3rd as every out, every pitch, every play matters !! iono iono iono iono

Yes you can Bill if you're Alex Cora.  You see, the guy can become as stubborn as Farrell was and just doubles down even at the risk of shooting himself in the foot.  Let me say that on balance Alex has done a helluva job this season rallying the troops and bringing order and spirit into the clubhouse and dugout even though we could use a leader or two on the field.  However, he has some blind spots.  He keeps trudging Joe Kelly out there and he keeps failing for the most part while Drew Poopie Pants fails every time out.  No reason to keep using them---and why is he throwing Hector the Wrecker Valesquez out there today.  He has been exposed and has been an abject failure for over a month.  Yet there is today trying to pitch against a team that is most likely drooling waiting for his crap pitches to come down the pike so they can tatoo him.  It is Eovaldi's turn to pitch today and he should be in there, and, what's more, he needs to start getting his rotation and bullpen ready to win a few more games so we don't go into the playoffs with no momentum and flat as a board they way we have the past two seasons.

longgame

I think he’s doing a great job of letting guys make their case for the postseason and Pomeranz should be done with his case and be used only in garbage situations the next 7 games.  Kelly is hopefully making something of a comeback as he will be needed.

Velazquez gets another audition today.  He’s had his moments and could play a role, but more as an innings eater which should be Wright’s job now. 

Devers belongs on the roster.  He’s a defensive liability buy can take one out at any time.  Nunez isn’t a huge defensive improvement so you work the two of them into the best situations.  I have to say that Cora has been pretty good at getting the right guy in at the right time, even at times where we had been wondering why a certain guy was playing that day.  Maybe luck, maybe not, but t’s been working for him.

I also noticed that Cora was quicker on the hook last night and not letting guys let that third man on base before bringing in a reliever.  He’ll need to hone that instinct this week.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 23, 2018, 01:46:23 PM
I think he’s doing a great job of letting guys make their case for the postseason and Pomeranz should be done with his case and be used only in garbage situations the next 7 games.  Kelly is hopefully making something of a comeback as he will be needed.

Velazquez gets another audition today.  He’s had his moments and could play a role, but more as an innings eater which should be Wright’s job now. 

Devers belongs on the roster.  He’s a defensive liability buy can take one out at any time.  Nunez isn’t a huge defensive improvement so you work the two of them into the best situations.  I have to say that Cora has been pretty good at getting the right guy in at the right time, even at times where we had been wondering why a certain guy was playing that day.  Maybe luck, maybe not, but t’s been working for him.

I also noticed that Cora was quicker on the hook last night and not letting guys let that third man on base before bringing in a reliever.  He’ll need to hone that instinct this week.

Once again Ted, you're right on tune.  I just think some of our guys like Poopie Pants, Cuevas, Kelly and Velasquez have had numerous opportunities of late to show they can do the job.  None of them have while others like Wright, Poyner, Brasier and Kimbrel should be on that post season roster.  As for Meat Ball Barnes and Jerkman, they most likely be on the team though they both scare the hell out of me whenever they toe the rubber.  Our bullpen picks must be carefully scrutinized by Cora and staff so we get the best chance of getting the guys who can get the outs and not give the store away.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 23, 2018, 04:38:25 PM
Quote from: longgame on September 23, 2018, 01:46:23 PM

Once again Ted, you're right on tune.  I just think some of our guys like Poopie Pants, Cuevas, Kelly and Velasquez have had numerous opportunities of late to show they can do the job.  None of them have while others like Wright, Poyner, Brasier and Kimbrel should be on that post season roster.  As for Meat Ball Barnes and Jerkman, they most likely be on the team though they both scare the hell out of me whenever they toe the rubber.  Our bullpen picks must be carefully scrutinized by Cora and staff so we get the best chance of getting the guys who can get the outs and not give the store away.

You would have loved our old Yahoo group back in 2003 and a few years after that.  I'm not sure any of the remnants of that board have made it over here.  It was really good baseball talk but we had a few good names for the guys over the years!