4. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
5. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
6. Eduardo Nunez (R) 3B
7. Brock Holt (L) 2B
8. Sandy Leon (S) C
9. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF

Gametime Forecast: 78°F • Rain • 55% PoP

longgame

2-0 Sox, hopefully that first inning made the Yankees that much more uneasy!

Schloicka

7 strong innings for Eovaldi. I'd bring him out for the 8th because of the low pitch count.

Schloicka

Schloicka

Kimbrel Sucks big time! Has to have drama. Eovaldi with the win & no save for Kimbrel. On to Sunday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 04, 2018, 05:23:16 PM
8 excellent innings for Eovaldi. Not much else to say.

Maybe not for you George but I have a lot to say.  Eovaldi was about as sensational as Porcello was last night.  "E" was in total control and his slider made the Yankees look anything but the slugging team they are.  Fifteen innings for us since the trade and he has given up NO runs.  That is sensational pitching and perhaps our rotation is really coming into its own----very encouraging.  Of course, I will feel much better when Chris Sale is back on the mound.  To be sure, we haven't hit all that well that past two games but we did face their ace and the rookie today is rated as a top notch prospect.  Well, we won the series which is what we all wanted, and once again it was our power that made the difference.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 04, 2018, 05:48:34 PM
Kimbrel Sucks big time! Has to have drama. Eovaldi with the win & no save for Kimbrel. On to Sunday.

I was really foaming at the mouth at Cora in the ninth inning.  I wondered why he didn't bring Kimbrel in on Thursday when we had a 15-6 game going into the ninth instead of  today with only a 4-0 lead.  And how could Craig melt down after getting the first two outs in the ninth?  Well it turned out well for us but, wow, I was hyper-ventilating with Byrd up with the bags loaded.

longgame

I wasn't too upset with the decision making there.  Why use him in the blowout when you had to think there'd by a more high leverage situation the next day.  I just don't know what happened that made Kimbrel lose it.  This seems to be his problem, he can come out and be fine and then lose control.  Still, it's another win.

The Sox replay crew should get some credit the past few days.  They're getting pretty good on knowing when to call for a replay and winning them. 

78 wins and 8 1/2 up.  I never would have believed it.  The Yankees have looked terrible. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 04, 2018, 06:11:19 PM
I wasn't too upset with the decision making there.  Why use him in the blowout when you had to think there'd by a more high leverage situation the next day.  I just don't know what happened that made Kimbrel lose it.  This seems to be his problem, he can come out and be fine and then lose control.  Still, it's another win.

The Sox replay crew should get some credit the past few days.  They're getting pretty good on knowing when to call for a replay and winning them. 

78 wins and 8 1/2 up.  I never would have believed it.  The Yankees have looked terrible.

Maybe this is the right time to really take it to them.  No, I am very happy with three wins and I could live with it, but to win tomorrow would really set us up.  Who knows?  We could do it but no matter what, we will have gained at least two games on them in the standings.  But four games on them extra would be better if we could do it.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 04, 2018, 06:15:18 PM

Maybe this is the right time to really take it to them.  No, I am very happy with three wins and I could live with it, but to win tomorrow would really set us up.  Who knows?  We could do it but no matter what, we will have gained at least two games on them in the standings.  But four games on them extra would be better if we could do it.

You never know in those ESPN Sunday night games.  I'd be surprised if it went as quickly as the last 2 did, in fact today's would have been close to yesterday's game time if not for the trouble Kimbrel had.

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, we have something SPECIAL here" !!!   WOW !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

ipot

Quote from: longgame on August 04, 2018, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 04, 2018, 06:15:18 PM

You never know in those ESPN Sunday night games.  I'd be surprised if it went as quickly as the last 2 did, in fact today's would have been close to yesterday's game time if not for the trouble Kimbrel had.

The ESPN game will be a test for "head case" Price.  Let's not forget what happens to him against the NYY.   He's gonna have to hunker down and figure it out.   I, too, wasn't so miffed at the Kimbrel decision just his performance....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee