GAME #69, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by longgame, June 13, 2018, 01:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 13, 2018, 10:21:31 PM
The Red Sox  won and the Yankees lost.....Sounds good to me and how many times have we been able to say that lately around here?  Not enough to suit any of us.  A very good day. thumb_u rofl ;D thumb_u

Indeed.  And Mookie's back.  And Sale had a great game.  And JD can really mash them to opposite field.  Now, if only Jackie Bradley could _______________   :-X ::)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 13, 2018, 10:47:21 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 13, 2018, 10:21:31 PM
The Red Sox  won and the Yankees lost.....Sounds good to me and how many times have we been able to say that lately around here?  Not enough to suit any of us.  A very good day. thumb_u rofl ;D thumb_u

SO WEIRD the standings.
The SOX are one game ahead of the Yankees,
yet - statistically, because the Yankees have played
6 fewer games, they are above us by percentage points
Yanks .683.     SOX .681

We just need to keep winning!
A good day indeed Fred!
A BINGO to ALL !!!  I watched both games...… What a season to remember this one will be ?? thumb_u rofl rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 13, 2018, 05:33:12 PM
As DAD would say...… "SON, how do ya like that kid HALEY, he looks ALL WORLD, the next closer for the SOX...… Hope the YANK$ lose tonight !!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Yes, I was making JEST ……. HOWEVAAA, this is the time of year that a teams minor leaguers may get a look for various reasons..... That said, MANY a bullpen newbie gets a chance to show themselves and get a chance to stick around and then a NEW PHENOM is BORN !!!!  I did think HALEY did a gooood job in his DEBUT that would have led to KIMBREL if things went bad !!! Hope to see him in Seattle ????? iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Now we can worry about the West Coast trip beginning tonight in Seattle.  The Mariners have won about eight games in a row and we face King Felix tonight and Jim Paxton tomorrow---neither one is a walk in the park.  We have to bear down and take care of Hernandez tonight and while he is still a solid pitcher he is not nearly as effective as he was before the arm ailments started getting to him.  OTOH, Paxton has owned us the past couple of seasons as he have been almost totally useless against him.  No matter what, though, we have to win one of the first two games on the trip and against Seattle otherwise whatever we gained in Baltimore could be lost.  Cora this time has to get it right and put the best hitters in that lineup and you know who should get rested the next two evening, don't you?