GAME #63, THURSDAY, JUNE 7, 2018, DETROIT TIGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 07, 2018, 01:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 07, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
Why does Cora insist on putting together these stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous, farcical, laughable, risible, nonsensical, imbecilic, harebrained, cockamamie, half-baked, impracticable, unworkable, ill-conceived, senseless; cockeyed, daft, kooky  lineups.   

I know the Sox have the best record in MLB but these games count as much as games in September.  This was a lineup one would expect in spring training.  It's as if Cora said I really don't want to sweep a series

When you get a chance Elk read what I wrote in answer to Cora's stupid handling of the game tonight.  If we lose the AL East by one game I will remember June 7 like it's a red letter day and will never let anyone forget it either, especially that butt Bora Bora Cora.  I just pray that we didn't lose any momentum for the series coming up.  While I know you like Beeks, he had no damn business being  the starting pitcher tonight.  He hasn't exactly lighted up the minors this season and you could tell that he was out of sorts and over his head tonight.  A shitty way to end this series.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 07, 2018, 09:22:22 PM
Quote from: markj on June 07, 2018, 07:12:59 PM
Rough game for Mr. Beeks. I hope Cora doesn't leave him out there too long if they really start to beat him up. I get the sense they're looking at this as a throw away game just to see how Beeks and Travis do.

Well my competitive blood is boiling as your comment markj and it isn't directed at you but what you said---which I believe.  Cora looked at this as a throwaway game which to me is pure bullshit.  We are in a neck and neck race for the AL East Title and a one game WC effort is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs, which Cora apparently is unaware of or too damn dumb to contemplate.  You PLAY TO WIN ALL THE EFEN TIME.  What if this game turns out to be the difference between a title and a WC.  Could happen.  We had our rotation ready with full rest and he goes and puts this puss in there, a pitcher who isn't anywhere close to being ready.  So we lost ground and have a decent hitting White Sox team invading us tomorrow while the Yankees go over to Queens to play the sinking and pathetic Mets.  We needed this game, so yes, I am pissed off we lost a game we could have won, although it looked like our hitters took a snooze as well.

Agree with you Fred!!!!

ipot

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 07, 2018, 09:55:22 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 07, 2018, 09:22:22 PM
Quote from: markj on June 07, 2018, 07:12:59 PM
Rough game for Mr. Beeks. I hope Cora doesn't leave him out there too long if they really start to beat him up. I get the sense they're looking at this as a throw away game just to see how Beeks and Travis do.

Well my competitive blood is boiling as your comment markj and it isn't directed at you but what you said---which I believe.  Cora looked at this as a throwaway game which to me is pure bullshit.  We are in a neck and neck race for the AL East Title and a one game WC effort is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs, which Cora apparently is unaware of or too damn dumb to contemplate.  You PLAY TO WIN ALL THE EFEN TIME.  What if this game turns out to be the difference between a title and a WC.  Could happen.  We had our rotation ready with full rest and he goes and puts this puss in there, a pitcher who isn't anywhere close to being ready.  So we lost ground and have a decent hitting White Sox team invading us tomorrow while the Yankees go over to Queens to play the sinking and pathetic Mets.  We needed this game, so yes, I am pissed off we lost a game we could have won, although it looked like our hitters took a snooze as well.

Agree with you Fred!!!!

Again, I join the chorus!  Cora KNEW the NYY are playing the MLB fodder aka The Mets, and he throws this one away.  The CWS aren't a juggernaut but the NYY have cupcake weekend.... ::)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 07, 2018, 09:17:10 PM
Why does Cora insist on putting together these stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous, farcical, laughable, risible, nonsensical, imbecilic, harebrained, cockamamie, half-baked, impracticable, unworkable, ill-conceived, senseless; cockeyed, daft, kooky  lineups.   

I know the Sox have the best record in MLB but these games count as much as games in September.  This was a lineup one would expect in spring training.  It's as if Cora said I really don't want to sweep a series

CRAZY!B I N G O dat !! The EVIL FORCE of N Y had the night off and gained ground...…. Hang on to your hats boys & girls, this is a horse race !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl
Wasted scoring opportunities.

AND the Yankees did not play again.
Sox have played 5 more games - how is that fair?

AND once again the Sox are in second place in the standings,
even though the Yanks are .5 games back.

longgame

I didn't get that lineup at all.  Maybe he's trying to prove that they can beat anyone no matter who he throws out there.  Makes no sense, thankfully Martinez, who can barely play LF never mind RF which is easily twice as big and far more complicated at Fenway, didn't get hurt and only cost a run or two.   They knew they were starting behind with Jar Jar Binks pitching (nice to see his first and last start), he could have at least given the guy a fighting chance with a lineup behind him.

By the way, I think Devers needs to go to AAA for a while before he permanently becomes Rusney Castillo.  So far we've seen he can't field, he can't hit, he doesn't throw very well, he can't read a pitch (unless he's into cricket and likes hitting pitches that bounce in front of the plate) and he's not a great baserunner.  He's been spiraling downward and doesn't look like he's hit bottom yet. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on June 08, 2018, 09:40:21 AM

I didn't get that lineup at all.  Maybe he's trying to prove that they can beat anyone no matter who he throws out there.  Makes no sense, thankfully Martinez, who can barely play LF never mind RF which is easily twice as big and far more complicated at Fenway, didn't get hurt and only cost a run or two.   They knew they were starting behind with Jar Jar Binks pitching (nice to see his first and last start), he could have at least given the guy a fighting chance with a lineup behind him.

By the way, I think Devers needs to go to AAA for a while before he permanently becomes Rusney Castillo.  So far we've seen he can't field, he can't hit, he doesn't throw very well, he can't read a pitch (unless he's into cricket and likes hitting pitches that bounce in front of the plate) and he's not a great baserunner.  He's been spiraling downward and doesn't look like he's hit bottom yet.
A lot of TRUTH to that...….  However, mixing the lineup keeps everyone involved & offers  D D the opportunity to "SHOWCASE" for future movements !!! thumb_u iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 08, 2018, 09:40:21 AM

I wonder Ted if Devers has regressed so badly that a move down to Pawtucket would be a good move or bad one.  Good in that he might be able to clear his mind and work on things that he needs to work on like his throwing, fielding, pitch management and base running.  He is now deficient in all those areas but a bigger question is how he could look so good when brought up last summer to the car wreck we're seeing today.  Bora Bora Cora in another one of his stupid and ill advised mutterings says we are going to ride this out with him while to the rest of us he digs himself deeper in a hole.  When we get Betts back (whenever the hell that is) we might send him down if Bora Bora gets the shit out of his brain.  His confidence has to be taken into consideration and I think like you that a stretch in Rhode Island might he a wise course to follow.