GAME #63, THURSDAY, JUNE 7, 2018, DETROIT TIGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 07, 2018, 01:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on June 07, 2018, 01:31:53 PM
Best of luck to the new kid. Hope he does well.
YES, as DAD would say.... "SON, the life blood of MLB comes thru the FARM system and it is always exciting seeing the KIDS come along" !!!  GOOD LUCK MR. BEEKS, make us proud, SON !!!

elktonnick

Mr Beeks just found out that the distance between Pawtucket and Boston is a lot farther than 40 miles.

markj

Got in trouble in the 2nd and then got out of it. At least that's an improvement over the 1st. We'll see if he settles down. Already has a high PC, so he might not last much longer. Some run support would be nice.

markj

markj

Rough game for Mr. Beeks. I hope Cora doesn't leave him out there too long if they really start to beat him up. I get the sense they're looking at this as a throw away game just to see how Beeks and Travis do.

markj

Hasn't been pretty for Beeks, but really just one bad inning so far.

markj

This one's as good as over. Sox can't score and they're still giving up runs.

markj

markj

markj

elktonnick

Why does Cora insist on putting together these stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous, farcical, laughable, risible, nonsensical, imbecilic, harebrained, cockamamie, half-baked, impracticable, unworkable, ill-conceived, senseless; cockeyed, daft, kooky  lineups.   

I know the Sox have the best record in MLB but these games count as much as games in September.  This was a lineup one would expect in spring training.  It's as if Cora said I really don't want to sweep a series

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: elktonnick on June 07, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
Why does Cora insist on putting together these stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous, farcical, laughable, risible, nonsensical, imbecilic, harebrained, cockamamie, half-baked, impracticable, unworkable, ill-conceived, senseless; cockeyed, daft, kooky  lineups.   

I know the Sox have the best record in MLB but these games count as much as games in September.  This was a lineup one would expect in spring training.  It's as if Cora said I really don't want to sweep a series

CRAZY!
Wasted scoring opportunities.

AND the Yankees did not play again.
Sox have played 5 more games - how is that fair?

AND once again the Sox are in second place in the standings,
even though the Yanks are .5 games back.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 07, 2018, 07:12:59 PM
Rough game for Mr. Beeks. I hope Cora doesn't leave him out there too long if they really start to beat him up. I get the sense they're looking at this as a throw away game just to see how Beeks and Travis do.

Well my competitive blood is boiling as your comment markj and it isn't directed at you but what you said---which I believe.  Cora looked at this as a throwaway game which to me is pure bullshit.  We are in a neck and neck race for the AL East Title and a one game WC effort is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs, which Cora apparently is unaware of or too damn dumb to contemplate.  You PLAY TO WIN ALL THE EFEN TIME.  What if this game turns out to be the difference between a title and a WC.  Could happen.  We had our rotation ready with full rest and he goes and puts this puss in there, a pitcher who isn't anywhere close to being ready.  So we lost ground and have a decent hitting White Sox team invading us tomorrow while the Yankees go over to Queens to play the sinking and pathetic Mets.  We needed this game, so yes, I am pissed off we lost a game we could have won, although it looked like our hitters took a snooze as well.