GAME #62, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6, 2018, DETROIT TIGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 06, 2018, 10:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Schloicka

At this pace (21 pitches an inning) E-rod will be gone after 5 innings. Why he can get hitters to 0-2 or 1-2 counts then has to go to a full count is beyond me. Stop trying to trick everyone and challenge them.

elktonnick

Quote from: Schloicka on June 06, 2018, 07:05:08 PM
At this pace (21 pitches an inning) E-rod will be gone after 5 innings. Why he can get hitters to 0-2 or 1-2 counts then has to go to a full count is beyond me. Stop trying to trick everyone and challenge them.

I agree and so does Eckersley judging by his comments.

markj

markj

markj

markj

markj

Nine clean 9th inning by Poyner. Another well pitched game with run support. And another series win.

100 games left to play. I have to say, at this point I'm impressed. I thought for a while there the Sox were going to regress back to a .500 team, but they're back to their winning ways. thumb_u

markj

Yankees and Jays are in the 13th inning of a monster pitching duel. No runs yet.

UPDATE: Damn, no sooner typed that and the Yanks put up 2 runs. We just can't seem to gain ground.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 06, 2018, 09:37:43 PM
Yankees and Jays are in the 13th inning of a monster pitching duel. No runs yet.

UPDATE: Damn, no sooner typed that and the Yanks put up 2 runs. We just can't seem to gain ground.

That's why as I said last week sometimes two out of three just isn't enough----a sweep is a necessity sometimes.  Tomorrow is one of those days.  We simply have to match the Yankees  win for win, no let-up, no sluffing off.  Tonight was a good game but I don't like E-Rod always going deep into counts.  For pete's sake just put those batters away and save on those pitch counts.  One of our catchers should out to the mound and chew some ass and tell Rodruquez to get them as quickly as possible.  As for Barnes, he is having a good season but he still looks to me like he has the deer in the headlights look when things get dicey, though it wasn't all his fault that he got into that mess in the seventh inning.  43-19 sounds very good; one game lead does not so we must get that hat trick tomorrow no matter what.

markj

Agreed, Fred. Doesn't it figure that the year the Sox field what should be a runaway team that the Yankees do the same? Sox and Yanks are the creme of the crop this year and we're both in the same division.

ipot

Quote from: markj on June 06, 2018, 09:56:05 PM
Agreed, Fred. Doesn't it figure that the year the Sox field what should be a runaway team that the Yankees do the same? Sox and Yanks are the creme of the crop this year and we're both in the same division.

Yup, mark.  It's surreal what's going on.  We shouldn't be nail biting at 43-19 but unfortunately (let it be the NYY ;)) one of these 2 teams will have to host 1 and done WC game which is always a risky proposal.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on June 07, 2018, 01:10:21 AM
Quote from: markj on June 06, 2018, 09:56:05 PM

Yup, mark.  It's surreal what's going on.  We shouldn't be nail biting at 43-19 but unfortunately (let it be the NYY ;)) one of these 2 teams will have to host 1 and done WC game which is always a risky proposal.
Our generation has nevaa seen a year like this with the YANK$..... It could be this way right to the end, and oh yes, we know that the YANK$ are going to pick up some pitching along the way !! iono iono iono