GAME #61, TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 2018, DETROIT TIGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 05, 2018, 09:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 06, 2018, 07:25:49 AM
Quote from: ipot on June 05, 2018, 11:08:30 PM
When Wright's knuckleball is working he's about as good as any ace.  Nice stuff.  Solid W.

I think it safe to say before Farrell's bonehead move of putting Wright in to pinch run Wright was an ace.
B I N G O dat !!!!  I bet  J F had nightmares last night ??? rofl rofl rofl

longgame

It was interesting how Wright struggled early and then really settled down.  I think he just needed his confidence back starting a game again.  If I were Pomeranz I'd be worried, he just got Wally Pipped. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on June 06, 2018, 08:24:14 AM
It was interesting how Wright struggled early and then really settled down.  I think he just needed his confidence back starting a game again.  If I were Pomeranz I'd be worried, he just got Wally Pipped.
More changes coming...… D D has a lot of chips to play with !! iono iono

ipot

Quote from: longgame on June 06, 2018, 08:24:14 AM

Yup.  To me it's a no brainer to have Wright start instead of Pom Pom.  Pom Pom can spot start until proven otherwise...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 06, 2018, 07:25:49 AM
Quote from: ipot on June 05, 2018, 11:08:30 PM
When Wright's knuckleball is working he's about as good as any ace.  Nice stuff.  Solid W.

I think it safe to say before Farrell's bonehead move of putting Wright in to pinch run Wright was an ace.

He certainly was against the Yankees.  I also hope that he still has the ability to beat that team now that he is seemingly back in near top form.  I remember two games he pitched against them, one a 2-1 win back in, I believe mid 2015, and one a year later which he won 5-1.  Farrell should have been fired for that miserable bone headed move to have him pinch run.  Notice Farrell is still out of uniform?  He belongs in the front office; I have always said that and perhaps he could be a success there.  BTW, I think in both of Wright's wins against the Yankees he beat Severino.