GAME #61, TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 2018, DETROIT TIGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 05, 2018, 09:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Schloicka

Bill-806

markj

Bases loaded, no outs, so of course we need to GIDP. At least we got a run out of it. 4-0.

markj

elktonnick

Through 7 Wright has been brilliant.Oh do I love knuckleballers.

markj

Great game. Wright was stellar. Good offense, although a lot of blown chances. Still, 6-0 is nothing at all to complain about.

BoSoxFanNY

Red Sox WIN 6 - 0.
Quick game!
Wright pitched a gem.
Sox gave him run support -
home runs by JD Martinez (#20) and Xander (#9)

ALL GOOD!

Schloicka

Good pitching. Decent offense. Every game should be like that.

SeaBeachFred

I wish we could always have games like the one we played tonight.   Outstanding pitching by Wright, power from JD and Bogey and decent enough defense that gave nothing away.  Who can complain?  Now I would like to see us settle into a nice run and convince ourselves that although we might have some reversals this season the worst is over.   Twenty three games over 500 on June 5th?  Not bad at all.

ipot

When Wright's knuckleball is working he's about as good as any ace.  Nice stuff.  Solid W.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Sea Dog 23

Winning the last two in Houston and getting the split against a title team had to give the Sox confidence.  I think it showed early on last night and hopefully carries on through the ASB.

Bill-806

RED SOX NATION has a lot to be HAPPY about today...…  GREAT GAME...… As DAD would say, "SON, give me a PITCHER that keeps the offense OFF BALANCE and I will show you a winnaaa" !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

Quote from: ipot on June 05, 2018, 11:08:30 PM
When Wright's knuckleball is working he's about as good as any ace.  Nice stuff.  Solid W.

I think it safe to say before Farrell's bonehead move of putting Wright in to pinch run Wright was an ace.