GAME #60, SUNDAY, JUNE 3, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, June 03, 2018, 09:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: Leesam01 on June 03, 2018, 07:23:29 PM
XB runs himself into an out.

Had to be one of the worst baserunning plays I've seen.  He goes back to the bag after the ball is caught, tags up about when the ball is hitting the cutoff man. Not sure what he was thinking there. 

Still, another win - splitting in Houston without Betts and Pedey is good. 

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on June 03, 2018, 08:46:25 PM
I see Wright is starting Tuesday. Looks like they are giving the starting pitchers an extra day off.

I heard they're doing a bullpen game this week. 

longgame

Agreed on the comments on the ESPN crew, they were terrible. 

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on June 04, 2018, 08:24:31 AM
Quote from: Schloicka on June 03, 2018, 08:46:25 PM
I see Wright is starting Tuesday. Looks like they are giving the starting pitchers an extra day off.

I heard they're doing a bullpen game this week.

PomPom is due another day off, or better a couple weeks.

BoSoxFanNY

Yankees split their games with the Tigers -
Yankees won the first game 7 - 4,
Tigers won the second game 4 - 2.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 04, 2018, 09:20:14 PM

Going into today the Yankees had played six less games than the Red Sox have played and this DH they played today brings that down to four.  What is interesting to me is that the Yankees did NOT gain any ground today; they lost a little.  For us every little bit helps, but it is up to our team to take advantage of any break they get with a Yankee setback by taking care of business---like having a solid home stand and not take our opponents for granted at all.  We need to move fast tomorrow and catch the Tigers after a DH and a plane trip while we had a needed day off.  No excuses.....we need to win tomorrow and we should win tomorrow.

markj

rkarp

Quote from: elktonnick on June 03, 2018, 07:24:44 PM
Another boneheaded base running move by red sox.

we read and hear that AC is allowing the players pretty much "on your own" on the base paths. I like aggressiveness, but wonder if he is going a bit too far? I agree, too many base running mistakes that are not "over aggressive", but simple bone head plays

Bill-806

Quote from: rkarp on June 05, 2018, 07:00:17 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 03, 2018, 07:24:44 PM
Another boneheaded base running move by red sox.

we read and hear that AC is allowing the players pretty much "on your own" on the base paths. I like aggressiveness, but wonder if he is going a bit too far? I agree, too many base running mistakes that are not "over aggressive", but simple bone head plays
Especially when the runner gets HURT with a bone head slide ?? iono iono

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 04, 2018, 09:50:13 PM

Going into today the Yankees had played six less games than the Red Sox have played and this DH they played today brings that down to four.  What is interesting to me is that the Yankees did NOT gain any ground today; they lost a little.  For us every little bit helps, but it is up to our team to take advantage of any break they get with a Yankee setback by taking care of business---like having a solid home stand and not take our opponents for granted at all.  We need to move fast tomorrow and catch the Tigers after a DH and a plane trip while we had a needed day off.  No excuses.....we need to win tomorrow and we should win tomorrow.

Absolutely, have to take it to these weak teams and that includes the entire AL Central.  I'll give them some credit for being undermanned this series, but I am concerned about this propensity to give up early runs we've seen.  Fortunately, for now, the bullpen has been good in those situations, but it will catch up with them in the long run. 

The Yankees scheduling issue is odd.  I saw that Boone is whining about another day they have coming up where they have to play a day game after a DH or something.  Too bad.  Should get a better grounds crew at Yankee Stadium or something.  The good news is that they have to win the games they've missed to keep up. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on June 05, 2018, 08:40:08 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 04, 2018, 09:50:13 PM

Absolutely, have to take it to these weak teams and that includes the entire AL Central.  I'll give them some credit for being undermanned this series, but I am concerned about this propensity to give up early runs we've seen.  Fortunately, for now, the bullpen has been good in those situations, but it will catch up with them in the long run. 

The Yankees scheduling issue is odd.  I saw that Boone is whining about another day they have coming up where they have to play a day game after a DH or something.  Too bad.  Should get a better grounds crew at Yankee Stadium or something.  The good news is that they have to win the games they've missed to keep up.
The way it is going, the TEAM (SOX/YANK$) that wins 8 out of 10 games the rest of the way, wins the division !! iono iono