GAME #60, SUNDAY, JUNE 3, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, June 03, 2018, 09:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

Can someone tell me -
How can the Sox have a 41- 19 record
the Yanks have a 37 - 17 record
  AND the Sox are one game ahead,
  yet, statistically the Yanks are ahead in the standings.
.685 - .683

CRAZY!

BoSoxFanNY

Silliness - I know.
The Sox have played 6 more games than the Yankees - weird!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on June 03, 2018, 06:56:43 PM
Nice to see Moreland get the HR. Was in a slump this past week hitting around .160 in 25 at bats. Now Porcello gives up a HR to Springer to lead off the bottom of the first.

He had a short cold streak but got hot again at the right time.  This is proof positive that he should have been in that lineup a lot more than he was before Hanley got dumped, and what were those clown announcers trying to make of their assertion that the team was very disappointed and upset when Ramirez was cut.  Nothing was mentioned on the air or in the papers about any team dissension.  Hell, Moreland sure as hell is pleased to be playing all the time now and the team has proven it can now come back from a bad series and salvage them with some big wins, like tonight and yesterday evening.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 03, 2018, 07:10:23 PM
Once again ESPN goes out its way to make what should be a great game unwatchable.

Please tell me what the hell those three were doing Elk.  Seems to me they weren't that much into the game but spent much of the time bloviating about some idiotic nonsense.  That trio is a very bad mix and i don't know who has to go but they can't keep that threesome unless they want the tv watching public to tune into TCM instead.

Well anyway, when you consider how down we were after Friday's game and then waiting to face Verlander and unbeaten Morton in the next two, well, I can only speak for myself but it didn't look very good for our team.  But the Red Sox came back from behind yesterday and hammered the ball tonight to get a split----which I  think was a very good.  When you eliminate Bogaerts' stupid base running, Cora sleeping on the job with a late hook of a gassed out Porcello, and that disastrous trio of clowns announcing, it was a pretty nice weekend.

ipot

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 03, 2018, 10:07:19 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 03, 2018, 10:04:06 PM
Impressive  win.  The Sox earn the split but more impressively take the last two beating Verlander and Morton.

Yes indeed!

I 3rd that! We beat 2 darn good pitchers.  Very satisfying win.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

I'm happy. A split is good. Shows the Sox are on a par with a very good team.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 03, 2018, 10:15:59 PM
Silliness - I know.
The Sox have played 6 more games than the Yankees - weird!

HOW can it be that the Sox have played 60 games and the Yankees only 54.
THAT is a huge difference.
I know the Yanks will play 2 games tomorrow and the Sox rest -
but, STILL - 6 games is a big junk of games to make up.

Bill-806

Once again ESPN goes out its way to make what should be a great game unwatchable.
CONCUR !!! I can't stand their VOICES &  "SHE" talks toooo much !!! thumb_d

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 03, 2018, 08:22:01 PM
Brock Holt triples to score 2 runs!
Swihart hits a single to score Holt.

Sox 6 - Astros 1
Top of the 6th inning
One out

AND Morton has been taken out of the game . . .
YA got to like BROCK HOLT, a real gamer & a natural HITTER !! thumb_u

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 03, 2018, 09:12:34 PM
Barnes got out of it but Cora waited too long to pull Porcello.
I will give credit where credit is due.... BARNES has been pitching well now for the last 3+- weeks, CORA is not over using him.... Keep up the good work B P  !! thumb_u

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 03, 2018, 09:46:02 PM
Sam Travis in for JD Martinez -
Men on second and third -
2 run RBI double for Sam Travis!

Sox 9 - Houston 3
Of ALAMO FAME, just goes to show, it's always nice to go HOME again !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 03, 2018, 10:07:19 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 03, 2018, 10:04:06 PM
Impressive  win.  The Sox earn the split but more impressively take the last two beating Verlander and Morton.

Yes indeed!
I think it is " YES IN DEE DEE" !!!!! rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on June 03, 2018, 10:08:32 PM
Thought the Sox pitching this series was good overall. A split with Houston is pretty good especially in Houston. Sox showed they could play with them. Nice to see the offense come alive.
B I N G O DAT !!! thumb_u

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 03, 2018, 10:26:55 PM

Please tell me what the hell those three were doing Elk.  Seems to me they weren't that much into the game but spent much of the time bloviating about some idiotic nonsense.  That trio is a very bad mix and i don't know who has to go but they can't keep that threesome unless they want the tv watching public to tune into TCM instead.

Well anyway, when you consider how down we were after Friday's game and then waiting to face Verlander and unbeaten Morton in the next two, well, I can only speak for myself but it didn't look very good for our team.  But the Red Sox came back from behind yesterday and hammered the ball tonight to get a split----which I  think was a very good.  When you eliminate Bogaerts' stupid base running, Cora sleeping on the job with a late hook of a gassed out Porcello, and that disastrous trio of clowns announcing, it was a pretty nice weekend.

While I enjoyed the game because of the win, the ESPN announcers gave me one enormous headache.  Matt (Whateverhisnameis) prattled nonsense throughout the game.  A-Rod was the best of the three and that softball player was totally out of her depth. As much as I detest Dave O'Brien he is light years better than the clown ESPN had doing the game.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 04, 2018, 07:00:03 AM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 03, 2018, 09:46:02 PM
Sam Travis in for JD Martinez -
Men on second and third -
2 run RBI double for Sam Travis!

Sox 9 - Houston 3
Of ALAMO FAME, just goes to show, it's always nice to go HOME again !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl
B T W ,  Looks like  J D was having back problems ?? The  T V showed him talking with the trainer and pointing to his back in the dugout ??   STAND BY !! iono iono