GAME #59, SATURDAY, JUNE 2, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, June 02, 2018, 09:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

I have my doubts about this one. Sox offense could be lame against Verlander. Price will need to pitch a serious gem.

Bill-806

Sam TRAVIS is on his way...…. 4 games against the ASTROS is like a reunion at the ALAMO !! iono iono

ipot

Price has to pitch a shutout. 
We'd have a chance to win IF it goes 0-0 into the bullpens.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on June 02, 2018, 12:52:38 PM
Price has to pitch a shutout. 
We'd have a chance to win IF it goes 0-0 into the bullpens.

Makes you wonder IPOT just how talented our team really is---and how mentally tough they are.  I have my suspicions but I want to see Price shut up all his critics and pitch the game of his life and not leave the game behind a run or two or scoreless.  Today we have to beat their best pitcher after shitting the bed against two of their others, both very good pitchers by the way.

Bill-806

PEDEY  D L 'ed,   BOBBY POYNER on his way !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

markj

This game went south in a hurry. Was 1-0 when we left for a walk.

Schloicka

Have to figure out how to score. 2 runs on Thursday. 3 on Friday & 1 through 5 innings this game does not bode well.

Schloicka

markj

Schloicka

Price didn't do to bad tonight. Now need to find out how to score.

markj

Monster dinger by Vaz ties it up.

Price did ok, I guess. He needed to be better than ok, though. 100+ pitches through 6 innings is nothing to crow about.

markj

Benintendi with a 2-run dinger to put the Sox up 5-3. Thank gawd they pulled Verlander and went to their pen.

Schloicka

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on June 02, 2018, 08:45:45 PM
Monster dinger by Vaz ties it up.

Price did ok, I guess. He needed to be better than ok, though. 100+ pitches through 6 innings is nothing to crow about.

Wasn't great but Verlander threw over 100 pitches in 6 innings too. I'd rather see 7 innings but it is what it is.