GAME #57, THURSDAY, MAY 31, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, May 31, 2018, 12:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Obviously, Houston is no slouch.  Their SPs are as good as they come (look at the AL leaders).  This is going to be a tough series.  A split would be a HUGE deal.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 31, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
Someone drag Mookie the hell out of bed and get his ass in the lineup.  This is pure bullshit with him pissing and moaning about a tight side.  You work out the tightness unless the front office is once again lying their asses off about the extent of the injury.  We need some answers as to when he is going to play again. He's missed five games already and he needs to man up and get his ass out there.  You have a tight side, you work out the muscles.  I have had tight sides but I go to 24 Hour Fitness and work my ass off for two and a half hours and I'm 77 efen years old.  Get your ass out there Betts.

No power tonight and only two runs.  You can't win like that especially with Pomeranz always getting us behind early in the game constantly.  Time to maybe use Wright as a starter.  He can't any worse that Drew Poopie Pants.
77 ?????  WOW....  Be careful Fred, you might hurt your fingers on the KEY BOARD !!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on May 31, 2018, 11:59:59 PM
Obviously, Houston is no slouch.  Their SPs are as good as they come (look at the AL leaders).  This is going to be a tough series.  A split would be a HUGE deal.
Concur …..  The YANK$ were rained out last night, NOW 1.5 games behind...….  Nothing good happens in the TEXAS HEAT...…. Just ask DAVEY CROCKET & the BOYS !!!!

ipot

Funny...Garrett Cole vs Sale tonight and the advantage is Cole if you look at the stats sigh
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: ipot on June 01, 2018, 12:42:29 PM
Funny...Garrett Cole vs Sale tonight and the advantage is Cole if you look at the stats sigh

HOPING that Chris Sale pitches a great game, keeps the walks
at a minimum AND the Sox give him run support for a WIN!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on May 31, 2018, 11:59:59 PM

To me that is pure crap my god friend.  Listen IPOT, the Yankees have taken the Astros five of seven this season and that includes three of four in the Stros' own park.  If they can do it we should be able to at least split this series and no excuses to the contrary.  No my friend, I am not mad at you but at the slipshod and lousy effort we gave last night.  We have our ace on the mound tonight and we need him to pitch like an ace, our team to hit a lot better than they did last night and for Mookie to get his ass back on the field.  If we can do that no excuse for us not being able to win tonight.....no excuses at all.