GAME #52, SATURDAY, MAY 26, 2018, ATLANTA BRAVES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 25, 2018, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Sea Dog 23

The Sox are having a great year for the most part.  But they still suffer through the doldrums of slow starts ---- a few years now.  Mookie has had some good starts to offset that, but needs help.

Bill-806

SOX are leaving  too many on base...... Down 3 zip.... Nice to see PEDEY back..... Pomeranz's days are # !!! iono

Bill-806

3RD inning, runners on base, STEVEN WRIGHT warming up....... Ya can't play come from behind every game, in the end the YANK$ will eat you up !!! thumb_d

ipot

Please DFA Pomeranz.  Or package him out of town.   ::)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 26, 2018, 03:49:38 PM
Wright deserves to start over Pom Pom
Wright & his knuckleball is just what the Doctor ordered !!!  Just wondering, when he is pitching, that means he  is not available to PINCH RUN !!! thumb_u (Now, that was funny)    rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Nice win for the Sox, with two comebacks.

Getting to Pom, you know he's doing all he can, it's his free agent year for cripes sake.  The guy just has no command of his curve, his bread and butter.  Looks like we'll be in the FA for his replacement.  The Yanks will have salary room to sign Kershaw (and another pitcher) if he comes out.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 26, 2018, 05:29:17 PM
Nice win for the Sox, with two comebacks.

Getting to Pom, you know he's doing all he can, it's his free agent year for cripes sake.  The guy just has no command of his curve, his bread and butter.  Looks like we'll be in the FA for his replacement.  The Yanks will have salary room to sign Kershaw (and another pitcher) if he comes out.
I see him on the after game interviews & he is trying to talk/analyze EVERY PITCH and why he can't figure out how to "get back" to what/he is, REALLY ???  Try CATCH & PITCH ??  Also, D D needs to realize that POM does not have the BOSTON makeup ???? iono iono

elktonnick

Last spring Pom was having the same problem.  I noticed during spring training he wasn't pushing off properly with his left leg.  Pom later admitted that this was his problem.  Fast forward to this spring, during a nationally televised game,  Jim Kaat commented that Pom was not toeing the rubber properly.  He said that he wasn't getting any benefit from using the rubber to generate velocity on his fastball.  Kaat likened it to the starting blocks sprinters use.  Kaat wondered if the pitching coach had picked this up and Pom just refused to adapt. 

While I couldn't get a really good view from the televised game yesterday, it looked that once again Poms wasn't using the rubber effectively.  Poms admits that he is having issues pushing off.  Solution Boston call Jim Kaat and have him work with the guy.

Pom reminds me of an old British sports car.  Runs great when it runs properly but is always in the shop because the parts don't work correctly.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 27, 2018, 07:35:47 AM
Last spring Pom was having the same problem.  I noticed during spring training he wasn't pushing off properly with his left leg.  Pom later admitted that this was his problem.  Fast forward to this spring, during a nationally televised game,  Jim Kaat commented that Pom was not toeing the rubber properly.  He said that he wasn't getting any benefit from using the rubber to generate velocity on his fastball.  Kaat likened it to the starting blocks sprinters use.  Kaat wondered if the pitching coach had picked this up and Pom just refused to adapt. 

While I couldn't get a really good view from the televised game yesterday, it looked that once again Poms wasn't using the rubber effectively.  Poms admits that he is having issues pushing off.  Solution Boston call Jim Kaat and have him work with the guy.

Pom reminds me of an old British sports car.  Runs great when it runs properly but is always in the shop because the parts don't work correctly.
SPOT ON !!! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 27, 2018, 08:12:21 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on May 27, 2018, 07:35:47 AM

SPOT ON !!! thumb_u

Believe me Bill our friend Elk knows what the hell he is talking about and though I wasn't watching Pom's lower body (which I should have) it did look like he was not comfortable out there at all.  Believe me, I will be watching much closely next time he pitches.