GAME #47, SUNDAY, MAY 20, 2018, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 20, 2018, 04:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ORIOLES V RED SOX

SUNDAY, MAY 20, 2018, 1:05 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, MASN

BALTIMORE, (14-31).............................................................................................BOSTON, (31-15)

BALTIMORE:

DAVID HESS, RHP, 1-0, 4.50 ERA, 3K

Hess, who has allowed three runs on five hits against the Rays on
May 12, will be recalled from Triple-A Norfolk to start against the Red   
Sox.  after giving up three runs in the first inning, Hess pitched five
scoreless frames and allowed just two hits.

BOSTON:

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ, LHP, 3-1, 4.68 ERA, 51K

The lefty continues to be an enigma capable of holding the Yankees to one
hit over five shutout innings and then laboring against the Athletics for five
innings the next time out.  Rodriguez hopes to get back in form against the
Orioles.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-vs-red-sox/2018/05/20/530093#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=530093

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts RF,

Benintendi LF,

Moreland 1B,

Martinez DH,

Devers 3B,

Núñez 2B,

Holt SS,

Vázquez C,

Bradley Jr. CF, 

Rodriguez LHP.

TWITTER

Pathetic!  Wonder Boy Bradley is still in the lineup for today.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on May 20, 2018, 09:39:19 AM
RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts RF,

Benintendi LF,

Moreland 1B,

Martinez DH,

Devers 3B,

Núñez 2B,

Holt SS,

Vázquez C,

Bradley Jr. CF, 

Rodriguez LHP.

TWITTER

Pathetic!  Wonder Boy Bradley is still in the lineup for today.

Anyone out there now have any doubts whatsoever that one, Cora is out of his freakin' mind or stubborn to the core of his worthless brain. AND, that someone behind the scenes is helping to orchestrate this farce.  The bum is hitting 161, they cannot send him down because they know he will not hit much better at Pawtucket, won't trade him because no one will often nothing but a can of  tomatoes for him.  Prune Face Henry is partly or completely behind this because as dumb as Cora is he simply cannot be that dumb, and sooner or later, if not already, the sleepy press and media will wake up and finally let the team have it for this malfeasance of effort. Efen unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rest  Bogaerts but play a guy who is 4 for 48 in his last near 50 at-bats.  Does that really make any  sense at all.

Bill-806

If I MAY,  how about we let CORA make out the lineup card.....  D D take care of "DEALS" and try and get some confidence back into JBJ while waiting for the right PACKAGE to show itself..... Heck, we have starting pitchers, B P pitchers, Swihart, that need to go, but no one is going to take a look at  J B J as he sits on the bench !!! iono iono iono

elktonnick

Bradley strikes out for the 8 th time in this series.  Except for that four pitch walk yesterday, Bradley has now struck out every time at bat.  He can not even foul one off.  He is getting worse. 

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on May 20, 2018, 12:51:57 PM
Bradley strikes out for the 8 th time in this series.  Except for that four pitch walk yesterday, Bradley has now struck out every time at bat.  He can not even foul one off.  He is getting worse.

I've seen guys in slumps but they are usually hitting the ball at people. JBJ isn't even making contact. Hard to get out of a slump if you can't even hit the ball.

Schloicka

Easy win. Took 3/4 from the O's. Pitching was pretty good. Hitting was decent overall. Can't ask for much more. On to TB on Tuesday.

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on May 20, 2018, 04:31:38 PM
Easy win. Took 3/4 from the O's. Pitching was pretty good. Hitting was decent overall. Can't ask for much more. On to TB on Tuesday.
B I N G O dat..... 32 & 15 ...... Got to keep winning as the YANK$ have so much offense they are so darn hard to keep down .... No team slumps there !!! iono iono

markj

Geez, I missed a good game. O's with 13 hits and no runs? How does that happen?

elktonnick

The game was classic E-Rod.  His stuff kept the Os off balance.  They couldn't really square up any balls  but hit a lot of singles.  E-Rod doesn't have a put away pitch but his nibbling resulted in his usual high pitch count.

The Sox on the other hand were able to hit for power.  A solid win against the disheartened and struggling Orioles.

Surprisingly even Bradley got a hit but still managed to strike out twice.  He simply isn't able to get around on an average major league fastball.  Until he does, pitchers are going to continue to challenge him with their fastballs.

Bear

QuoteGeez, I missed a good game. O's with 13 hits and no runs? How does that happen?

Bradley!

SeaBeachFred

Well we won the series three games to one and that is fine with me.  Frankly, I never believed we would win all four but I was fearful all we would get out of this was a split----and that wouldn't have been acceptable to any of us.  No one is complaining about Martinez now, right.  He has been on a month's tear and along with Betts has given us a two-sledge power duo, and is nice to see Benintendi finally starting to hit with some power and getting bis average into the 280's  Now if we can get Bogaerts going on a tear that would be an added shot in the arm for us.  Day off tomorrow and I might just have to accept the bitter pill that since JBJ got a hit today we can expect to see him in the lineup all this coming week.  Wow!!!! he went from 161 to 169.  When you're that low a hit or two makes you usually jump 25-30 points but he has been no ineffective that he can only crawl up by eight points.  We may have to replace the Mendoza Line with the Bradley one-------175 or so.

ipot

Quote from: Bear on May 20, 2018, 07:32:27 PM
QuoteGeez, I missed a good game. O's with 13 hits and no runs? How does that happen?

Bradley!

;D
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Quote from: Bear on May 20, 2018, 07:32:27 PM

Bradley!

;D funny, bear
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee