GAME #46, SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2018, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 19, 2018, 02:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ORIOLES V RED SOX

SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2018, 7:10 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, MASN, MLBN, (OUT-OF-MARKET ONLY)

BALTIMORE, (14-30).........................................................................................BOSTON, (30-15)

BALTIMORE:

DYLAN BUNDY, RHP, 2-5, 4.53 ERA, 55K

After three rough starts in a row, Bundy rebounded to limit the Rays to two
hits in seven scoreless innings on Sunday.  The righty is 3-5 with a 4.66 ERA
in 13 appearances against Boston.

BOSTON:

RICK PORCELLO, RHP, 5-1, 3.25 ERA, 54K

The sinkerballer has struggled in his last two starts after opening this season,
with seven consecutive strong outings.  At Fenway Park  this season, Porcello
is 2-1 with a 3.54 ERA.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-vs-red-sox/2018/05/19/530078#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=530078

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts RF,

Benintendi LF,

Ramirez 1B,

Martinez DH,

Bogaerts SS,

Devers 3B,

Núñez 2B,

León C,

Bradley Jr.,

Porcello RHP

TWITTER

Bear

SeaBeachFred

Even after last night and all the other nights he has sucked putridly at the plate Cora still starts him.  Either Bora Bora Cora is one supreme dumb shit or someone is pulling strings in the front office to keep playing  this guy.  I was fortunate to call three people I know in the Boston area who have contacts in the Red Sox organization and two of them swear that Prune Face is pulling the strings and ordering Bradley to be kept in the lineup at all costs for the stupid reason that he feels that he was less than supportive of another Red Sox player who he didn't support who Bradley reminded him of.  The other guy wasn't sure except that he heard something similar but wouldn't swear to it-----and I believe the two gentlemen who told me because I know them and like them.

SO THIS IS 0N YOU PRUNE FACE, YOU SLIMY SON OF A #$%&?.  WE'RE ON  TO YOU NOW AND YOU HAD BETTER SHAPE YOUR ASS UP BE FORE THIS GETS OUT TO THE GNERAL POPULATION.  YOU GET THAT EFEN BRADLEY OUT OF THE LINEUP AND SHIP HIS ASS OUT OF TOWN BEFORE EVERYTHING CAVES IN ON YOU, YOU DISREPUTABLE POS.

elktonnick

No outs, man on second,  JBJ up.  Does Cora have JBJ bunt?  No! He lets him swing away.  What does Bradley do?  He strikes out!  JBJ has struck out swinging every at bat during this series with the O's.  He has struck out his last 7 times at bat.  He barely fouls one off.  Fortunately Betts and the Benintendi both homer in the next at bats.

Cora is not doing Bradley any favors by continuing to let him embarrass himself.   I think Bradley has probably struck out  15 in his last 20 at bats.  End our and his misery!!! Send him down.

Schloicka

Porcello overall did pretty good. To bad he gave up that 2 run hr in his final inning. One run was because Nunez didn't get a guy out on a routine play.

elktonnick

Bradley walked on four pitches. Sholwater is furious!!!

markj

Sox take the series, as they should. Another miserable weather night in Boston, though. What a crappy spring they're having.

SeaBeachFred

Well we played a good game tonight most any way you look at it.  Except for a misplaced pi tch in the sixth innings Porcello was on his game tonight and three relievers did their job---and that included the meatball.  That's how you win games.  I do want to mention that Martinez, Bogaerts and Ramirez all got the cuff tonight and that points out  the need to have our best nine hitters in that lineup because it seems wew always have two or three of our key hitters having off days while the others have good ones.  If we could see most of them hitting in sync it would help, but one way would finally get Bradley out of the lineup.  Two more at-bats tonight, two more strikeouts and I think that makes him 4 for 48 in his previous at-bats.  This is totally ridiculous and now that we know that Henry is at least partly behind this it is up to the press and media and fans to let Bradley and Henry and DD have it with both barrels.  You have to wonder what Dumbo is doing watching this face continue to unfold while a solid 300 hitter with power is warming the bench.  Why the hell did we resign Moreland if they were going to play the putrid junior over him.  Something has to give and fast.  It is quite possible that Bradley is now the worst hitter in all baseball.  They won't send him down because they fear he won't do much bet ter down there as he proved back in 2014.  Just get rid of him, give him away, exile him to Madagascar, feed him to the wolves just get rid of him.  My God, how much more to we have to take from watching this bum fail time and time again.

ipot

Porcello has a good outing after a couple of bad ones.  Nice to see he's back on track.  I'd like to see Hanley back on track; his avg has plummeted and he's hitting a Bradley-esque 188 for May.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Today should be a day of REST for HAN/RAM  &  J B J too ...... But, we will take that win from last night..... TODAY is a MUST win to go 3-1 for the series !!! thumb_u