GAME #44, THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2018, BALTIMORE O'S AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 17, 2018, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ORIOLES V RED SOX

THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2018, 7:10 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, MASN

BALTIMORE, (18-29)....................................................................................BOSTON, (29-14)

BALTIMORE:

KEVIN GAUSMAN, RHP, 3-2, 3.18 ERA, 42K

The Orioles righty will get an extra day for the second time in as many starts since
tossing a complete game in Oakland.  Gausman surrendered a career-high in hits
against the Rays over the weekend, but he never gave in and was able to pick up the
win.

BOSTON:

DAVID PRICE, LHP, 3-4, 4.89 ERA, 38K

The lefty was strong in his return after missing one start due to carpel tunnel syndrome.
Facing the Blue Jays, Price allowed five hits and a run over 5 1/3 innings and struck out
six to earn the win.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-vs-red-sox/2018/05/17/529642#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=529642

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts RF,

Benintendi LF,

Ramirez 1B,

Martinez DH,

Bogaerts SS,

Devers 3B,

Holt 2B,

Leon C,

Bradley CF,

Price LHP.

TWITTER

SeaBeachFred

What'd I tell you, what'd I tell all of you??????? There is Bradley once again in that damn lineup after only two more days on the pine.  Really, is anyone surprised?  Poor Blake Swihart needs to beg to get more than one start a week (and never does) but this bum keeps getting chance after chance after chance.   I've also said this.....that this will keep up again and again until that bum is traded, released, DFA's or kidnapped by green cheese men from the Moon.  Absolutely sickening.  Don't think I'll even watch the game tonight; I am so pissed off.

Sea Dog 23

Like Fred said, and about those that defy logic and prove the definition of 'insanity' time and again.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 17, 2018, 06:24:01 PM
Like Fred said, and about those that defy logic and prove the definition of 'insanity' time and again.
B I N G O  dat !!! rofl rofl

markj

Price is being very efficient tonight. 54 pitches through 5 innings. Maybe he can go CG?

markj

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on May 17, 2018, 07:32:05 PM
Price is being very efficient tonight. 54 pitches through 5 innings. Maybe he can go CG?

About time we had a pitcher not throwing 90 pitches through 5 innings. Hopefully he can keep it up.

markj

markj

Schloicka

markj

Damn!!! 2 outs in the 9th and Price gives up a 2-run dinger to tarnish the gem he's pitched.

markj

So close. Still a great outing for Price. Best all season, I think.

Schloicka

Pitched an excellent game. Great to see. Hopefully it starts a trend.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 17, 2018, 06:24:01 PM

Hard to believe, isn't it Sea Dog????  It defies logic.  And he keeps getting put in the lineup after a game or two.  0 for 3 tonight....again.... As someone on another board said, Bradley would have to lose a lot of weight to equal is eventual batting average......and the sickening beat goes on.  BUT...Price was outstanding tonight, a complete game and two big bombs gave us a good business like win.  We needed it and it would be nice to keep playing the kind of ball we played tonight.  We need a winning streak and I don't mean a two or three game one.