GAME #42, TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2018, OAKLAND A'S AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 15, 2018, 04:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

As DAD would say..... "SON, those darn RED SOX can't stand PROSPERITY " !!!  My gosh, we need to win these games, the YANK$ are just a jug/a/not !!!! iono rofl rofl

longgame

More crappy baseball.  They went 17-1 and then have gone 11-13.  They are playing like last year with the exception of their favorite weapon, the solo HR.  This is often quickly remedied by the "cough up a run" gang.  They seemed to have all sorts of fire out of the gate, and now they are just playing badly.  Poor defense, poor baserunning, lack of timely hitting.  I'm amazed how they strand guys on the bases after getting 2 on with none out.

Fred mentioned getting Pedey back - maybe Pedey doesn't drop relay throws.  Does Nunez contribute in a positive way?  The only "good" thing is JBJ riding the pines.

Oh, and can we just cut Carson Smith? What a disaster.

Bear

orwell

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 15, 2018, 10:59:32 PM
I'm about to resurrect my old slogan THIS IS A REAL SHITTY TEAM any day now.  And when the hell are we getting Pedroia back.   Just his presence could help our team that is gagging for leadership and commitment.  There's a lot of blame to go around but since we got no hitted in Oakland we have been a rather shitty team and a lot of this is on Cora who has wasted a great start by his tinkering around with the lineup and positioning of players.  He right now seems to me a shitty manager and I resent having a skipper who is getting on the job training at the team's expense, and, yes, at my expense.  I expect the Red Sox to win PERIOD!!!!!!!!! and I'm tired of Cora's malfeasance and his sickening excuses that are no more than worthless platitudes dispensed daily now, and even worse exhausted by the shitty play of the bottom of the lineup.  Yes, I am thoroughly pissed off now.
I don't understand some of the lineups Cora is rolling out, with multiple weaknesses in the offense, sitting 'hot' players for 'ice cold' ones.

longgame

Quote from: orwell on May 16, 2018, 11:07:24 AM
I'm about to resurrect my old slogan THIS IS A REAL SHITTY TEAM any day now.  And when the hell are we getting Pedroia back.   Just his presence could help our team that is gagging for leadership and commitment.  There's a lot of blame to go around but since we got no hitted in Oakland we have been a rather shitty team and a lot of this is on Cora who has wasted a great start by his tinkering around with the lineup and positioning of players.  He right now seems to me a shitty manager and I resent having a skipper who is getting on the job training at the team's expense, and, yes, at my expense.  I expect the Red Sox to win PERIOD!!!!!!!!! and I'm tired of Cora's malfeasance and his sickening excuses that are no more than worthless platitudes dispensed daily now, and even worse exhausted by the shitty play of the bottom of the lineup.  Yes, I am thoroughly pissed off now.
I don't understand some of the lineups Cora is rolling out, with multiple weaknesses in the offense, sitting 'hot' players for 'ice cold' ones.

Welcome Orwell.

I agree 100%, no rhyme or reason when he's got an excellent core of players.  It's pretty clear that our best lineup is when JBJ sits and we take JDM's defense for what it is.  Set a lineup and let these guys play.  When Pedey is back we'll get rid of the last weak link not playing catcher.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 16, 2018, 11:14:57 AM

Welcome Orwell.

I agree 100%, no rhyme or reason when he's got an excellent core of players.  It's pretty clear that our best lineup is when JBJ sits and we take JDM's defense for what it is.  Set a lineup and let these guys play.  When Pedey is back we'll get rid of the last weak link not playing catcher.

don't be surprised if Bradley is back in there tonight.  Cora or the front office love the guy and they will walk on hot coals before they admit that this guy is useless and gets rid of him.  And we need to trade for a catcher who can hit.  Vazquez once again and become what he always was.... a very weak hitter and we cannot carry him and Bradley in the lineup.  As for Nunez, is he even healthy? He looks nothing like he did last summer.

ipot

Quote from: markj on May 15, 2018, 11:15:02 PM
Since the no-hitter at the hands of the Athletics, and including that game, the Sox are 11-12. Sub-.500 play.

That's not too comforting.  And that's a pretty long stretch to get a gauge on what's going on.  Pollyannas talk about ebbs and flows.  Sure.  But, there have been some consistent problems rearing their heads in that 23 game stretch and I don't see them turning much = the pen has had some lousy collapses, the SP is turning average, JBJ's been in the lineup, but the big one is Cora resting the wrong guys and vice versa...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 16, 2018, 12:38:40 PM

Welcome Orwell.

don't be surprised if Bradley is back in there tonight.  Cora or the front office love the guy and they will walk on hot coals before they admit that this guy is useless and gets rid of him.  And we need to trade for a catcher who can hit.  Vazquez once again and become what he always was.... a very weak hitter and we cannot carry him and Bradley in the lineup.  As for Nunez, is he even healthy? He looks nothing like he did last summer.
JBJ on the bench for tonight, again (WEDNESDAY).......  Time will take care of this as  D D has many roster moves ahead of him !! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 16, 2018, 03:14:30 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 16, 2018, 12:38:40 PM

Welcome Orwell.

JBJ on the bench for tonight, again (WEDNESDAY).......  Time will take care of this as  D D has many roster moves ahead of him !! thumb_u

Don't count on that my friend.  As I've said numerous time Bill, someone in that fr ont office loves Bradley and they will stay with him even if it means taking the team down and  the fans with them.  I will only be satisfied when he is gone gone and gone again.  As long as he's around Cora the Cad or someone high up will demand he be given "another chance to prove himself".  Just how many God @#$% chances are we going to give him.  As for Vazquez, maybe you and others noticed all the singles he dropped into right field last season to help his batting average. This season the pitchers are pounding him inside for the most part and he looks like the shitty hitter he always was in the minors.  Both he and Bradley must sit and Swihart given a chance at catcher or the Red Sox for someone who can hit as well as catch---and to hell with a personal catcher for any pi tcher.  That hasn't worked too well of late from what I've seen.