GAME #41, MONDAY, MAY 14, 2018, OAKLAND A'S AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 13, 2018, 08:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ATHLETICS V RED SOX

MONDAY, MAY 14, 2018, 7:10 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, NBSCA

OAKLAND, (12-21)..........................................................................................BOSTON, (28-10)

OAKLAND:

SEAN MANEA, LHP, 4-4, 2.11 ERA, 45K

After allowing five runs total across six starts in the month of April, Manea has given
up four runs in each of his last two starts, most recently against Houston.  The lefty
scattered seven hits and struck out three in 5 2/3 innings.

BOSTON:

RICK PORCELLO, RHP, 5-0, 2.79 ERA, 49K

Porcello will open the series against the Athletics when the Red Sox return home to
Boston on Monday night.  The right-hander has opened the season with an impressive
2.79 ERA, thanks in large part to his low home run and walks rates.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/athletics-vs-red-sox/2018/05/14/530022#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=530022

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts RF,

Benintendi CF,

Ramirez 1B,

Martinez LF,

Bogaerts SS,

Núñez 2B,

Swihart DH,

Devers 3B,

Leon C,

Porcello RHP.

TWITTER

Bear

Bill-806

SWIHART being showcased tonight at  D H ..... D D knows that the ROSTER as constructed is limited and the #'s will be changing with Thornburg & Pedey coming back within days. Steven Wright is/supposed to be back today/tonight ??  Needs to move some bodies out soon !! iono

Schloicka

Porcello throwing way to many pitches. 43 through 2 innings. Not going to last long at this rate.

longgame

Porcello giving up runs to the bottom of the lineup.  What ever happened to that explosive offense we had too?

markj

markj

Bill-806

As DAD would say..... "SON, how the heck do ya lose to the A's " ?? thumb_d iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Th A's are playing better and they're no longer a pushover, but to lose the first game at the beginning of a home stand is pure crapola.  Porcello still gives up an inordinate amount of hits and I wish he and Lavigne could work things out so Rick could get more ground outs and pop outs that ropes and close line hits.  I also didn't like the way we went out meekly one-two-three in the ninth while memory serves well that the Yankees have won a lot of games in the final inning. A shitty job all the way around tonight.

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 14, 2018, 09:06:22 PM
Th A's are playing better and they're no longer a pushover, but to lose the first game at the beginning of a home stand is pure crapola.  Porcello still gives up an inordinate amount of hits and I wish he and Lavigne could work things out so Rick could get more ground outs and pop outs that ropes and close line hits.  I also didn't like the way we went out meekly one-two-three in the ninth while memory serves well that the Yankees have won a lot of games in the final inning. A shitty job all the way around tonight.

No, the A's are never a pushover.  You're right, Fred.  It seems we struggle with them all the time over the years.  Of course, its a tad bit worrisome that Porcello has had 2 lousy starts in a row.   The scarier thought is that this is what's dangerous about the WC.  You could conceivably have a 700 team going up against a 500 team and "poof" bye-bye in 1 game....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on May 14, 2018, 11:34:15 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 14, 2018, 09:06:22 PM

No, the A's are never a pushover.  You're right, Fred.  It seems we struggle with them all the time over the years.  Of course, its a tad bit worrisome that Porcello has had 2 lousy starts in a row.   The scarier thought is that this is what's dangerous about the WC.  You could conceivably have a 700 team going up against a 500 team and "poof" bye-bye in 1 game....

Right you are IPOT and I hope Cora gets the cobwebs out of his brain and realizes that.  We could have gone one-half up on the Yankees yesterday but didn't and while it is only one game in the win column, instead it is one game less in that column for us and that sucks.