GAME #33, SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT TEXAS RANGERS

Started by Bear, May 05, 2018, 01:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Kelly gets a big hand for getting out of that bases loaded jam in the 8th.

Sox have scored 5 runs in each of the last 3 games.

BoSoxFanNY

YAHOOOO!
Sox WIN!
Glad for Joe Kelly.
Thank you Kimbrel!

And Benintendi had a good night.

My brother was at this game - can't wait to hear from him about this game.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 05, 2018, 08:32:38 PM
1-1 at the moment. Is it just me, or does it seem like Hanley is just jogging to 1st?

Hanley has been known to get into those kind of moods where he seems to go at half speed.  He still is producing and driving in runs and some players who hit with power have a tendency to go slower on routine grounders to infielders.  Still it would behoove Cora to get his head out and keep a keen eye on him.  We will need him to produce if we want to have much of a chance to go anywhere this season, especially with Bradley always lurking into the starting lineup and Vazquez smelling up the joint with his piss poor hitting.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 05, 2018, 09:52:55 PM
As usual Hembree is good for one inning only. Why can't any Sox manager learn this lesson?

Because he's AlexCora and maybe he is in over his head.  We'll see with his starting lineup tomorrow.  If he learned anything tonight he should know the one we had out there was the one we need to go with until Pedroia gets back and Holt is ready to spell our infielders with some solid backup play.

SeaBeachFred

As usual Hembree is good for one inning only. Why can't any Sox manager learn this lesson?

Remember Manny Delcarmen?  Six years under Francona and he never learned that at his best delgarbage was good for only one inning and we know or should know the many times he had to go out there in his second inning of work and take him out of the game.  HInt.....2009 and it was over a dozen times.

SeaBeachFred

Well my friends we should have all seen what we needed to see tonight and hope that Cora got the crap out of his brain and saw it too.  Keep Bradley for defensive purposes late in the game and only for that.  Use the lineup he used tonight and we may be able to win some close games with that extra bat like Moreland in the lineup.  It is now clear to me that Mitch can hit left handed pitching and the guy is hitting 338 with good power.  Does anyone think we would have won the game tonight if MM would have been sitting and Bradley would have been playing?  Mookie is great but even he has off days but tonight 0 for 4 was countered because we had another bat in the lineup to cover for him and Vazques and Nunez.  We need this same crew in there tomorrow and I hope Kelly is all the way back because we need him for the eighth inning and Hembree FOR ONLY ONE DAMN INNING CORA!!!!!!!  Besides, Sale is pitching tomorrow and we need every good bat we have in that lineup considering that we always make Sale sweat for support.  Let's end that tomorrow unless we hold him out for the series opener against the Yankees which is what I would do if I was the manager.

Bill-806

WOW, 24 & 9 !!!  we are watching HISTORY here boys & girls, girls & boys !!!  If the RED SOX were a NAVY SHIP, they would be a JUG/A/NOT !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 05, 2018, 11:09:36 PM

Because he's AlexCora and maybe he is in over his head.  We'll see with his starting lineup tomorrow.  If he learned anything tonight he should know the one we had out there was the one we need to go with until Pedroia gets back and Holt is ready to spell our infielders with some solid backup play.

This bothered me as well.  He seems to want to stretch these guys rather than just get a clean inning in and then start a new guy with a clean inning the next time.