GAME #32, FRIDAY, MAY 4, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT TEXAS RANGERS

Started by Bear, May 04, 2018, 12:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

ipot

Porcello continues to be the Cy Young he was 2 years ago.  And that's a VERY good thing considering Price has gone belly up.
Mookie's off the charts.  13 dingers already...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

How about OUR RED SOX ??   23 & 9 !!!  As DAD would say, "SON, if  J F had a start like this, he would still be HERE" !! thumb_u  OH yes, how about  BOBBY POYNER ??? thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

Looking ahead, we've got to produce big run totals in NY next week.  We're staring Pom and Price first two before Porcello might save us in game 3, although he draws Sabathia.  As their scheduling would have it,  the Yanks have lined up the top of their rotation against us.  lawdy, lawdy.

If I was under Cora's cap, I'd hold out Sale tomorrow and pitch him against Severino on Tuesday.  But that's just me.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 05, 2018, 10:37:49 AM
Looking ahead, we've got to produce big run totals in NY next week.  We're staring Pom and Price first two before Porcello might save us in game 3, although he draws Sabathia.  As their scheduling would have it,  the Yanks have lined up the top of their rotation against us.  lawdy, lawdy.

If I was under Cora's cap, I'd hold out Sale tomorrow and pitch him against Severino on Tuesday.  But that's just me.
B I N G O !! All good thoughts....... As DAD would say, "SON, next weeks 3 games in N Y will speak VOLUMES" !!!!    CORA & D D need to look at the ROSTER & PITCHERS and make the necessary TWEEKS and find out who can be counted on in time of battle !! thumb_u iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 05, 2018, 10:58:43 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 05, 2018, 10:37:49 AM

B I N G O !! All good thoughts....... As DAD would say, "SON, next weeks 3 games in N Y will speak VOLUMES" !!!!    CORA & D D need to look at the ROSTER & PITCHERS and make the necessary TWEEKS and find out who can be counted on in time of battle !! thumb_u iono iono

If we win tonight I would consider that a good move piting Sale against Severino because Pom has no chance to win that game with the shit he's been dispensing so far, and Severino will not be a pinata against us this time around.  We need to slow the Yankees down and we sure can't on Pom to suddenly get it right after those two crappy performances.  He is simply not yetr eady to give us top notch efforts.  If, however, we lose tonight, a decent chance of that happening since we've played miserable baseball the past ten or so days, then we need Sale to win on Sunday and give us a split in the series.