GAME #31, THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT TEXAS RANGERS

Started by Bear, May 02, 2018, 05:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

PUNCH in the gut.
Rangers 10 - Sox 3.

Not watching anymore.

markj

Well I guess that's the end of this game. Time to go do something useful.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 03, 2018, 08:29:53 PM
Geez, Hanley. Don't hustle on our account or anything. Just take your time.

Believe it or not I am beginning to see a little crack or two in Hanley's attitude; nothing real serious yet but we better stay tuned.  He could go south in a hurry and Cora would be the last to pick up on it.  Hope I am wrong on that because we need Ramirez badly at the plate..   If things go south for the team you can bet HR will be among those who go south with them.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 03, 2018, 08:44:16 PM
Price has lost his fastball.  He is only throwing it in the low 90s. He reminds me more and more of what happened to Josh Beckett.  I blame the damn cutter.

You might be smarter on this than me Elk.  I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with our team save for Rafey not belonging on third base and should be groomed as the future DH, Bradley being sent on a one way trip to Zanzibar and Benintendi having better learn how to hit lefthanders unless he wants to be a platoon player.  Come to think of it I do know a few things.  The one damn thing I know for sure is that this team sucks to high heaven right now and Bradley needs to sit and sit and sit and then be traded to the NL for a bag of balls, a can of tomatoes and maybe a dozen tacos.

BoSoxFanNY

David Price:

"After opening 2018 with two dazzling performances (two wins, zero earned runs in 14 innings),
Price is 1-4 with an 8.22 ERA in his past five starts.  Though Thursday's outing, in which Price
allowed nine runs (seven earned), was clearly his low point, it was part of a concerning trend
in which he's given up four runs or more in four of his last five starts.
     by Ian Browne

8.22 ERA - absolutely ridiculous AND unacceptable

ipot

The David Price Era in Boston is ovah.  Done.  Finito.  Kaput.

He shouldn't start another game for the Sox.  They gotta find a way to unload him or sit him in the bullpen. 

The NYY are ONE game behind. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on May 03, 2018, 11:15:28 PM

He shouldn't start another game for the Sox.  They gotta find a way to unload him or sit him in the bullpen. 

Don't be so hard on poor David, at least give him a chance to OPT OUT !!! iono

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 04, 2018, 05:04:06 AM
Quote from: ipot on May 03, 2018, 11:15:28 PM

Don't be so hard on poor David, at least give him a chance to OPT OUT !!! iono

I understand ole Eckersley has volunteered to do some negotiating with Price.   iono