GAME #30, WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2018, KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 02, 2018, 01:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Easy answer, it is his GLOVE with the idea that someday he will hit...... As DAD would say, "SON, JBJ's GLOVE = 2.5 hits a game, anything he gets after that is a BONUS !!!.....  Unless a BLOCKBUSTER trade comes along, J B J is part of this tem to the end !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 02, 2018, 05:21:57 PM
Easy answer, it is his GLOVE with the idea that someday he will hit...... As DAD would say, "SON, JBJ's GLOVE = 2.5 hits a game, anything he gets after that is a BONUS !!!.....  Unless a BLOCKBUSTER trade comes along, J B J is part of this tem to the end !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

Why don't you ask Elk about JBJ's defense.  He's not as good as the Red Sox brass make him out to be.  He is weak on drives right at him as witnessed when he fell on this face a couple of games ago.  His arm is scatter-tilted with his throws often going wide or one base or another.  Most importantly, his glove does not come close to making up for his miserable bat----and let me again remind you that we've seen this since 2014 and save for three hot streaks he has been as useless with the bat as tits on a bull.  His glove does not save 2.5 hits a game anymore and he has become a minus when you add everything up.  And their will be no blockbuster unless he is a small part of the transaction because his trade value is declining alarmingly with each miserable game performance.  He is hitting about 185 over the first month and is three for his last 27 at bats.  He is not helping the team more but less when he is in the lineup.

elktonnick

JBJ is the most overrated centerfielder in the game.  Fred listed his defensive shortcomings.  He does go back to his left well, resulting in some spectacular catches on the triangle which in my opinion is why Boston fans tend to overlook his other defensive shortcomings.  Remember Coco Crisp and Ellsbury used to make those same plays and were better all around centerfielders when they played for Boston than Bradley is or has been.  This spring MLB radio listed the top center fielders and JBJ wasn't among them.
Boston has to move on from this fantasy that JBJ is an elite centerfielder, he isn't.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 02, 2018, 09:19:44 PM

JBJ is the most overrated centerfielder in the game.  Fred listed his defensive shortcomings.  He does go back to his left well, resulting in some spectacular catches on the triangle which in my opinion is why Boston fans tend to overlook his other defensive shortcomings.  Remember Coco Crisp and Ellsbury used to make those same plays and were better all around centerfielders when they played for Boston than Bradley is or has been.  This spring MLB radio listed the top center fielders and JBJ wasn't among them.
Boston has to move on from this fantasy that JBJ is an elite centerfielder, he isn't.
As DAD would say, "SON, the fact that JBJ makes it look easy, makes him look rather AVERAGE" ....Hey, what the heck do I know??? iono iono

Rob from Mass

Quote from: elktonnick on May 02, 2018, 09:19:44 PM

Top 10 CF

1. Mike Trout, Angels
2. Tommy Pham, Cardinals
3. Charlie Blackmon, Rockies
4. George Springer, Astros
5. Lorenzo Cain, Brewers
6. Christian Yelich, Brewers
7. Kevin Kiermaier, Rays
8. Chris Taylor, Dodgers
9. Michael Conforto, Mets
10. A.J. Pollock, D-backs

JBJ missing from the top 10 says it all. Seeing simply highlights of JBJ does not make his play elite.

elktonnick

One can also list Kevin Pilar and Adam Jones as 11 and 12 making Bradley at best 13 th or simply an above average CF.  This makes him hardly indispensable.

Sea Dog 23

Speaking of the Royals, I just saw the video of George Brett again (during warmups) telling the story about how he shit in his pants from eating crabs.  About the funniest baseball moment I've ever seen.  (I'm not sure the mods would allow me to link that on here, tho')

Rob from Mass

Exactly  how that fits with this conversation is beyond me.