GAME #17, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT ANAHEIM ANGELS

Started by Bear, April 18, 2018, 04:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 19, 2018, 08:32:04 AM
The Sox left the winter conditions of Fenway with 13 DINGERS in 15 games.Play 2 games in normal weather, they clout 9.

Four grand slams in a tenth of the season versus none the whole season last year.

Rob from Mass

No Bogey no problem.Kudos to the bench the way they have stepped up. moreland hot going 11-22 after a 0-9 start.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 19, 2018, 09:02:59 AM
No Bogey no problem.Kudos to the bench the way they have stepped up. moreland hot going 11-22 after a 0-9 start.
B I N G O dat......Hope that they don't rush BOGEY back.....  Also, will be interesting to see what the bench looks like when both Bogey & Petey are back ??? iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on April 18, 2018, 10:06:22 PM
grand slam, Devers! 6-0

I was there IPOT.  I saw it.  Helluva sight to see.  And that meant we would win this series after losing both of the to the Angels last year, an even that really pissed me off royally..

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 18, 2018, 11:19:03 PM
I hate West Coast games. I'd love to stay up and watch the rest of this, but I'd pay dearly for it tomorrow. sigh

And now I see Carson Smith warming up. I hope Cora has someone else warming up as well. Maybe better that I go to bed now while they're still leading.

I get the same feeling when I see Smith out there---or even your friend the Meatball.  But even they couldn't blow the game last night.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on April 18, 2018, 11:25:13 PM
JD with #4.  Huge power going opposite field.  7-0

He has great power to the opposite field and that homer was a real blast.  Barring some weird stuff I thing JDM is going to be a real great pickup for us.  The guy can hit.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 19, 2018, 07:04:56 AM
Wow. More stompage. So unreal when the stars all align like this.

I'm glad Fred saw a good game. Can't wait to hear his take on it.

If you've been reading these posts on this game and the one on Tuesday you're hearing from me loud and clear.  It has been two very enjoyable games and glad I got to see the one last night.  After giving up three singles in the first inning but no runs, Porcello was a standout the next five and by then the game was pretty much history.  You know, when the Red Sox come to Anaheim they bring a lot of R ed Sox fans out like me, but last night was totally beyond imagination.  Loud cries  throughout the evening of LET'S GO RED SOX echoed throughout the ballpark.  I would estimate that about 70-75% of the fans were Sox rooters.  You heard hardly anything from the Angels' contingent.  Perhaps they were bummed out after what happened to their phenom the night before.  Well that could be why they were so quiet last night.  But we sure and heck wasn' t.  We were loud and you knew we were there.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 19, 2018, 08:41:55 AM
Wow what a game again.  I made it until JD's homer.  What amazes me is I was thinking "why is Moreland in there?" and he gets 3 hits with a 2R HR.  Cora is pushing all the right buttons and the guys seem to like it.

We always knew that even though they had won the division that they were a much better team that what we were seeing on the field, but this is certainly beyond belief.

Moreland can hit some lefthanders, especially those that get the ball up.  He has been hitting very well and we may need to use him more.  He was really on his game the last two he played in.  Now, not to be greedy, but can we win tonight and  turn it a hat trick?

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 19, 2018, 04:11:15 PM
Quote from: longgame on April 19, 2018, 08:41:55 AM
Wow what a game again.  I made it until JD's homer.  What amazes me is I was thinking "why is Moreland in there?" and he gets 3 hits with a 2R HR.  Cora is pushing all the right buttons and the guys seem to like it.

We always knew that even though they had won the division that they were a much better team that what we were seeing on the field, but this is certainly beyond belief.

Moreland can hit some lefthanders, especially those that get the ball up.  He has been hitting very well and we may need to use him more.  He was really on his game the last two he played in.  Now, not to be greedy, but can we win tonight and  turn it a hat trick?
Fred, glad you had a good time.... Back in 1967-68 in my NAVY days I saw about a dozen games up there in Anahim ..... More RED SOX fans than Angels !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl