GAME #17, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT ANAHEIM ANGELS

Started by Bear, April 18, 2018, 04:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V ANGELS

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2018, 10:07 PM AT ANGEL STADIUM

TV:  NESN, FS-W

BOSTON, (14-2).................................................................................................ANAHEIM, (13-4)

BOSTON:

RICK PORCELLO, RHP, 3-0, 1.03 ERA, 17K

The sinkerballer is off to a strong start, and he'll try to keep it going against the Angels,
a team he is 6-7 with a 5.87 ERA against lifetime.  Porcello has one walk and 17 strikeouts
in 19 2/3 innings this season.

ANAHEIM:

TYLER SKAGG, LHP, 2-0, 1.69 ERA, 17K

Skagg faces the Red Sox on seven days rest due to the postponement of Sunday's game
in Kansas City.  He pitched 5 1/3 innings in his lone appearance against Boston on July 31,

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs-angels/2018/04/18/529670#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=529670

Bear

Red Sox Lineup

Betts ,RF

Ramirez, DH

Martinez ,LF

Moreland ,1B

Núñez ,2B

Devers ,3B

León ,C

Bradley Jr. ,CF

Lin ,SS

Porcello RHP.

TWITTER

Bill-806

Interesting lineup..... "KEEP the other team guessing"..... See you all in the morning !! thumb_u thumb_u

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

I hate West Coast games. I'd love to stay up and watch the rest of this, but I'd pay dearly for it tomorrow. sigh

And now I see Carson Smith warming up. I hope Cora has someone else warming up as well. Maybe better that I go to bed now while they're still leading.

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

More bang.  Moreland makes it 9-0.  Surreal what this team is doing.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Great all around game. Not much else to say. On to Thursday.

Bill-806

& the JUG/A/NOT continues....  This is really FUN !!!  Nice game.... CORA knows his stuff, he has the entire ROSTER playing HUNGRY !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

markj

Wow. More stompage. So unreal when the stars all align like this.

I'm glad Fred saw a good game. Can't wait to hear his take on it.

Rob from Mass

The Sox left the winter conditions of Fenway with 13 DINGERS in 15 games.Play 2 games in normal weather, they clout 9.

Rob from Mass

Porcello has given up just one earned run over his last 19 1/3 innings, going back to the second inning of his April 7 start against the Rays.

longgame

Wow what a game again.  I made it until JD's homer.  What amazes me is I was thinking "why is Moreland in there?" and he gets 3 hits with a 2R HR.  Cora is pushing all the right buttons and the guys seem to like it.

We always knew that even though they had won the division that they were a much better team that what we were seeing on the field, but this is certainly beyond belief.