ANOTHER home run by Mookie!!!

3 homer night!

Sox 10 - Angels 1
Top of the 8th inning.

BoSoxFanNY

Red Sox BEAT the Angels 10 - 1!

YAHOO!

Mookie Betts has a THREE homer game!
JBJ, Holt and Devers also joined in the home run derby in Los Angeles.
SIX home runs hit!

FUN GAME to watch.

Thought this would be a pitchers duel - nope!

Bill-806

B I N G O, B I N G O, we have B I N G O !!  What a game, we have a JUG/A/NOT here !!!  14 & 2.... As DAD would say, "SON, much better to win in APRIL than have to make it up in SEPTEMBER" !! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Rob from Mass

So much for the next Babe Ruth!!! Maybe the next DICE K!!!

Bill-806

What a difference in the game when the offense jumps on the 1st pitch and immediately puts the pitcher & defense on their heels...... how  J F won 93 games two years in a row with that "predictable work the count" strategy is beyond me...... ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK !!!  14 & 2, "THATS  A WOW" !! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

When I first criticized that approach over a year ago as out moded, I was jumped on by so called experts on another board.  I almost feel that John Henry or whomever in the FO was monitoring this board because a lot of the ideas first suggested here over the past couple of years seemed to have been implemented.

longgame

The thing I like is that the Sox didn't just become free swingers, they're just swinging on good pitches that they'd let go before.  Cora had showed Mookie how they knew he was going to take the first pitch every time, leaving him down in the count.  But what a game last night.  First of all, to get to Ohtani early and then to just keep piling it up.  Price wasn't at his best but certainly got the job done.  If I have one complaint, which is tough after a 10-1 win, it's that I thought Cora made a few substitutions maybe a little early - i.e. in the 5th with more than half the game to go. 

Rob from Mass

After bashing Holt being in the lineup I had an unhealthy breakfast of scrambled eggs and crow.

Rob from Mass

Rob from Mass

Mookies linen   AB 3  3r  H3     RBIs 3     HR 3.     I still say he needs to be penciled in at 3 or 4.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on April 18, 2018, 08:07:40 AM
The thing I like is that the Sox didn't just become free swingers, they're just swinging on good pitches that they'd let go before.  Cora had showed Mookie how they knew he was going to take the first pitch every time, leaving him down in the count.  But what a game last night.  First of all, to get to Ohtani early and then to just keep piling it up.  Price wasn't at his best but certainly got the job done.  If I have one complaint, which is tough after a 10-1 win, it's that I thought Cora made a few substitutions maybe a little early - i.e. in the 5th with more than half the game to go.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Cora.  Being in the ALWest against LAA for a year, he probably knows what's in the LAA bullpen.  I hope he's got a remedy for pitching to Trout for the rest of the series.  Just a guess.

markj

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 18, 2018, 08:12:13 AM
After bashing Holt being in the lineup I had an unhealthy breakfast of scrambled eggs and crow.

I had a crow smoothie.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 18, 2018, 08:43:00 AM
Quote from: longgame on April 18, 2018, 08:07:40 AM

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Cora.  Being in the ALWest against LAA for a year, he probably knows what's in the LAA bullpen.  I hope he's got a remedy for pitching to Trout for the rest of the series.  Just a guess.
[/quot

That would be great if Cora could find a way to quiet Trout. In his 8 years in the league, no one has found a way yet.

Rob from Mass

Mookie has 3, 3 homer games in his career, tying Ted Williams for the most in Red Sox history. I would have though Papi would have done it also.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 17, 2018, 09:47:32 PM
Holt is making me eat crow. Need more runs now.

Well he can make a lot of people eat crow Mark.  Holt is a very underrated player in my opinion and after seeing Lin flail away pathetically trying to hit a left hander hat guy should never bat against southpaws.  But, wow!!!!!!!  Two big wins in a row and I was at the game last night (Wedneday) and saw Rafey do deep with the bags full while I watched Porcello beat the Angels for the third year in a row in person.  A helluva night----and I will say more on the game thread for the 18th in a little while.  The reason for my silence yesterday had to do with what happened last year in our two series with the Angels.  We won the first game of the series BOTH times and lost the next two, a miserable experience since I was at the Fenway game on the 23rd of June when they retired Papi's number and we smashed the Halos 9-4 only to look like shit warmed over the next two games.  I flew home very pissed off when I should have come home happy.  Well we got this series already and wish very hard that we turn the hat trick tonight.  So far so good.