3. Miguel Cabrera (R) DH
4. Niko Goodrum (S) LF
5. Brandon Dixon (R) 1B
6. Gordon Beckham (R) SS
7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B
8. John Hicks (R) C
9. JaCoby Jones (R) CF

Bill-806

OK, 11 runs last night, SPRING TRAINING is OVAAA & the boys are ready for a STREAK !!! thumb_u rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 25, 2019, 02:44:58 PM
OK, 11 runs last night, SPRING TRAINING is OVAAA & the boys are ready for a STREAK !!! thumb_u rofl rofl

I wouldn't say that if I were you Bill.  We've gotten burned over and over so far this season.  I like your upbeat way of talking but remember what we're dealing with here.....a team that lacks urgency, fire and any consistency whatsoever.  Besides that, we have a manager who must have eaten or drank some stuff last off season because some of the things he's said and done reek of insanity.  But I wish you are right on this.  Just remember, though, you said it..  I DIDN'T!!!!!!!

markj

Don't forget that the Tigers gave us 3 of those runs.

markj

markj

markj

Over. I guess a split series is better than a lost series.

Sea Dog 23

A split series and some plays to be forgotten.  But I think this week marks the emergence of a hungry Sox batter who enjoys the game.  That would be Chavis. I'd like to see him quit chasing balls off the pate leading to too many Ks.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 25, 2019, 09:08:54 PM
A split series and some plays to be forgotten.  But I think this week marks the emergence of a hungry Sox batter who enjoys the game.  That would be Chavis. I'd like to see him quit chasing balls off the pate leading to too many Ks.

My fear is that as soon as Chavis hits a bump in the road Cora will play the panic button and start  jerking him around.  The guy has power---that much is evident.  Plate discipline cannot be had if a player is in and out of the lineup.  Keep him in there; we can use all the RD power we can get and while he is not a fine groomed second baseman he can grow into the and to have such a power man there is a shot in the arm for us.  He is a future stalwart for us and must be given the full chance to develop into one of our better power hitters.  Keep your hands off him Alex; let him develop.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 25, 2019, 09:14:26 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 25, 2019, 09:08:54 PM

My fear is that as soon as Chavis hits a bump in the road Cora will play the panic button and start  jerking him around.  The guy has power---that much is evident.  Plate discipline cannot be had if a player is in and out of the lineup.  Keep him in there; we can use all the RD power we can get and while he is not a fine groomed second baseman he can grow into the and to have such a power man there is a shot in the arm for us.  He is a future stalwart for us and must be given the full chance to develop into one of our better power hitters.  Keep your hands off him Alex; let him develop.
B I N G O dat, Fred !!  NUNEZ has no glove & his days are # ….. Hate to say it, but PEDEY is at the end of a great run !!!  Keep the "kid" in there !! thumb_u rofl rofl

longgame

Pedroia and Nunez are now redundant.  They can keep Holt when he comes back because he can play anywhere.  But Nunez is a real liability at 2B and Chavis can play both positions he plays.  They'll let Pedey keep coming back as many times as he wants.  But Chavis seems to be a keeper and has injected some life into the lineup as well.  Keep running him out there.

Nice to see an easy win, even Leon got a hit.  Can they sweep TB again?

elktonnick

As much as I think Chavis will be a future all stsr, remember the league hasn't adjusted to him yet. Once MLB pitchers find his weak spots they will exploit them.  The real test for Chavis will be how he adjusts.  Let:s not forget Will Middlebrooks.

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on April 26, 2019, 09:16:36 AM
As much as I think Chavis will be a future all stsr, remember the league hasn't adjusted to him yet. Once MLB pitchers find his weak spots they will exploit them.  The real test for Chavis will be how he adjusts.  Let:s not forget Will Middlebrooks.

Or Raffy when he first came up.

elktonnick

Yes I was thinking of him too, although Rafie seems to have made the necessary readjustment.

longgame

Clearly good points on Chavis. I also remember JBJ lighting up spring training a few years ago too.  I just think he's injected some energy into this team and his home runs have been massive shots.  I was chuckling when he struck out I think in the next at bat after his HR, thinking he's a true 2019 MLB player - hit or miss.  Still, somehow his presence has lit up both Beni and Mookie.

Also, as much as we've been down on this team, the DH sweep aside, they've played well, winning 5 of the last 7.  That makes this visit by TB that much more important as they have to keep this going and gain some more ground.  They are only 5 1/2 games out with over 5 months to play.  They also need to get some revenge on Oakland.

I can't figure out how the Yankees keep winning.  Even Clint Frazier hit the DL.