3. Miguel Cabrera (R) 1B
4. Niko Goodrum (S) LF
5. Brandon Dixon (R) DH
6. Ronny Rodriguez (R) SS
7. Gordon Beckham (R) 2B
8. Grayson Greiner (R) C
9. JaCoby Jones (R) CF

longgame

Chavis back in.  Vaz behind the plate.  Why not move Mookie back to 1st in the lineup?  It seems like we tried this two years ago and had the same result.  For whatever reason he thrives in the leadoff spot.  Maybe bat Bogey third even though they want a lefty-righty thing coming into Martinez?   They need to do something to shake this up, not just keep running out the same thing.

If Chavis can keep hitting he's going to earn this spot and Pedey's rehab is going to take longer.  In the meantime, I think it's more and more evident that Leon, 0 - 2019, just has no business belonging in an MLB lineup.  That fiasco yesterday where you have to pull him for a lefty to face a lefty is just too much. Maybe Holt, Nunez and Leon for a relief arm and a backup catcher?

longgame

Oh and will somebody buy JBJ glasses?  Once again he clearly can't see the ball and only manages to make contact with men on base so he can GIDP.  The rest of the time he (and Mookie for that matter) watch great pitches sail by, swing at crap away and then watch strike 3 down the middle.

Schloicka

I'm a JBJ fan but at some point he either needs to hit or go away. He's a great outfielder but there is no way his defense can make up for his lack of hitting. Especially when the rest of the team is struggling. It's obvious he's just never going to be a consistent hitter. I'm not asking for much. Just be able to hit .250 - .260.

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on April 24, 2019, 04:04:43 PM
I'm a JBJ fan but at some point he either needs to hit or go away. He's a great outfielder but there is no way his defense can make up for his lack of hitting. Especially when the rest of the team is struggling. It's obvious he's just never going to be a consistent hitter. I'm not asking for much. Just be able to hit .250 - .260.
B I N G O dat !!!  I am with you ….. JBJ, great  C F, but the bat is non existent ???  D D needs to look at some options ??? iono iono iono iono

Schloicka

markj

Barnes retires two and then can't get an out. Tigers with two on in the 8th.

markj

markj

Sea Dog 23

Sox were odds on favorite to win tonight.  Tigers' Ross has a 0-10 record against the ALEast.  That said, we were probably ripe for the picking with our bats of late.

longgame

Barnes escapes, barely.  It's going to be like this all year I think, until DD can admit he needs more arms.

Sure would be nice to see an insurance run or two.

longgame

Nice quick response to my request for insurance runs!

markj

markj

markj

Detroit RP finally throws a strike, but then walks in another run. And you thought our BP was bad.