3. Miguel Cabrera (R) DH
4. Niko Goodrum (S) 1B
5. Dustin Peterson (R) LF
6. Ronny Rodriguez (R) SS
7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B
8. Grayson Greiner (R) C
9. JaCoby Jones (R) CF

Bill-806

CHAVIS @ 3rd, LIN @ 2nd...…  Did the infield just get a little more LEATHER ???? iono iono

Murph

Sox -Tigers postponed. Tonight’s game was rescheduled as the first game of a day-night doubleheader on Tuesday

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on April 22, 2019, 04:33:35 PM
Sox -Tigers postponed. Tonight’s game was rescheduled as the first game of a day-night doubleheader on Tuesday
GLOBAL WARMING is now SCREWING with our BASEBALL !!!!…… OH well, an early night after EASTER weekend may be beneficial !! iono iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

The extra hours might give Cora some time to decipher his moves from a wipeout to the O's on Patriot Day, two downers in NY, then rebounding to sweep the young upstarts of the AL.   iono  iono  iono

longgame

Crappy bullpen, no offense, not even any patience to try to get at the bullpen.   Poor game all around for the Sox.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on April 23, 2019, 03:05:51 PM
Crappy bullpen, no offense, not even any patience to try to get at the bullpen.   Poor game all around for the Sox.
Got to win these games...…  The hitters need to get 3, 4 runs early to give our  pitchers a chance !!  iono iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

DD is gonna have to move for another pitching piece, that's just my opinion.  This grab bag bunch of bull pen arms is ridiculous.  There are some solid arms available for a couple mil.  The injuries to the staff are going to take a toll regardless.  If we're KC or Det ride it out.  But I think the Sox are serious about contending.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 22, 2019, 05:45:06 PM
The extra hours might give Cora some time to decipher his moves from a wipeout to the O's on Patriot Day, two downers in NY, then rebounding to sweep the young upstarts of the AL.   iono  iono  iono

I hope you didn't count on Cora doing that because it didn't happen.  His work in Tampa was admittedly an improvement from some of the weird  and to tally bizarre moves he has made  this season, but when you have our hitters down to five hits and the bullpen get rocked again you get the impression that Dombrowski's assertion that our pen would be good enough this year to sound like a pile of dog shit that DD should swallow for his health.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 23, 2019, 03:30:50 PM
DD is gonna have to move for another pitching piece, that's just my opinion.  This grab bag bunch of bull pen arms is ridiculous.  There are some solid arms available for a couple mil.  The injuries to the staff are going to take a toll regardless.  If we're KC or Det ride it out.  But I think the Sox are serious about contending.

This is no way to fight a cough and a cold that has done me in the past few days, and I didn't get better watching that farce of a game on my TV.  Our bullpen simply sucks.....whether it is Poyner, Brewer, Barnes, Thornbugh, Hembree or whoever, they are a pack of turds----all of them.  We bring one up, send one down, up and down and up and sown some more and the results are the same. For some reason the team simply cannot develop pi tchers in our farm system---AT ALL.  The last good prospect in that regard was John Lester over 15 years ago.  An our hitting isn't so hot either.

Murph

The biggest question to DD is why the hell did he give Sale that contract extension before the season started considering how TERRIBLE he pitched the last 3 months of 2018. Hopefully, he didn`t listen to the MANY FANS  wanting the early EXT signing. Just my opinion but the early extension was  BRAINLESS and uncalled for. Its been 5 starts so ST IMO has no barring on his performance.

longgame

Quote from: Murph on April 23, 2019, 04:26:50 PM

The biggest question to DD is why the hell did he give Sale that contract extension before the season started considering how TERRIBLE he pitched the last 3 months of 2018. Hopefully, he didn`t listen to the MANY FANS  wanting the early EXT signing. Just my opinion but the early extension was  BRAINLESS and uncalled for. Its been 5 starts so ST IMO has no barring on his performance.

That and Eovaldi may end up being huge liabilities but I think we'll be okay.  But the pen is just awful.

Also, how bad is Leon that, when facing a lefty, he gets pulled for a lefty and we lose the DH?   This guy is another liability, not financially, just on the field.  Every time he plays it's a step down from an NL pitcher at the plate.