Brent Rooker (R) DH
Kyle McCann (L) C
Tyler Nevin (R) LF
Nick Allen (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 58F
Chance of Precip: 2%

markj

SeaBeachFred

Would be nice to go out with a sweep in Oakland and a 5-2 mark on this West Coast sojourn  where we usually end up in a ditch. 

longgame

I like the relative stability of the lineup but I'm hoping Abreu finds some way to contribute soon.  I also like that Cora has firmly established Rafaela as the starting CF. 

Schloicka

Pivetta struggled but got through 5 innings with no runs scored and left with a 1-0 lead. Good job overall when you don't have your good stuff. Sox win 1-0 after a shaky 9th. Bullpen got it done for 4 innings.

elktonnick

Quote from: Schloicka on April 03, 2024, 04:02:20 PMPivetta struggled but got through 5 innings with no runs scored and left with a 1-0 lead. Good job overall when you don't have your good stuff.

Sweep!! The A's may be hapless but a sweep is a sweep.  Did not see this coming a week ago.  Great start.

markj

They hung on to a 1-0 lead. That's promising, even if it was just the A's.

Sea Dog 23

Sox won despite some shaky defense from Valdez and Raffy II.  Need to clean that up, as the schedule won't have an A's type team coming up.  It will be interesting if they push the starters beyond five innings.  So far the bullpen has been a plus, plus.

MongoLikeSox

I thought they pulled that one out of their butts. Two missed DP turns including 1 in the 9th. I had mentioned to my Wife a few minutes earlier that I was surprised Cora didn't send Reyes in for Valdez for the 9th inning. Sure enough, E4.

Anyone else think Joely's leash is as short as Cora's ever gets?

longgame

Cora surprisingly had some post game comments about making mistakes and lack of hitting with men on base.  Good for him. Maybe he'll actually manage.  But I'll take a flawed team that pulls out wins versus last year's team.

Looking at the schedule before the season I would have been ecstatic if the Sox came back 5-5.  Now I'm thinking they better win at least 2 against another poor team in LA.

SeaBeachFred

5-2 isn't bad at all, no matter who we played----and Seattle wasn't minced corn either.  We could be 2-5 or 1-6 the way things could have played out.  However, our defense still leaks and Valdez is a sieve in the infield.  The Angels are playing better than expected as well and this three game set in Anaheim will tell us more about our team that we know right now.  It would be very nice to keep our road record brimming by taking two of three.  We just might be able to do it if we play solid baseball and keep getting the pitching we've gotten so far.  Or am I being overly optimistic?  Well I didn't think we'd be 5-2 right now either.