GAME #49, WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Schloicka, May 22, 2019, 11:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

He should never have been pitched to.  Hembree may have thrown the pitch but Cora should have intentionally walked him.  Watching the game I said to my wife he is not to give him anything to hit but he did.  Stupid Stupid baseball

longgame

This game is amazing.  Every time you think it’s over it’s not

markj

Chavis with a bomb to put the Sox back in front. Maaaayybee they can hold this time?

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Sox are playing 4 games against the Jays,
next game is Thursday at 12:37pm.  A mere
13 hours away.

Schloicka

Sox win a HR game. Hembree with the win. On to the next game in Toronto at 12:37 Thursday.

markj

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 22, 2019, 10:40:17 PM
Sox are playing 4 games against the Jays,
next game is Thursday at 12:37pm.  A mere
13 hours away.

Ugh. So still a chance to just split the series.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 22, 2019, 06:21:05 PM
Betts, hitting second, is second in the league in runs.  Benitendi, unfortunately is rarely on ahead of him.  I’d at least switch them, but Beni may belong further down the lineup.

Betts is hitting 50 points lower than he was at this time last season, and, yes, he is holding up his end to a point but Benintendi is no lead off man in my opinion.  I'd like to see him hitting between third and fifth in the order but my vote doesn't count.  Still can't understand why Ted that Cora made that switch in the first place.  Mookie and Benny did very well hitting one-two in that order last season.  Hell it helped with a title.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 22, 2019, 10:38:41 PM
Finally. Sox eke out the win and take the series.

Sorry my friend---NOT QUITE.  They play tomorrow at 9:39 Pacific  Time, 12:30 Boston time.  We win tomorrow and  we take the series.  After tonight which left me punch drunk a win tomorrow would give us the series but the way we've played the last two games against a mediocre opponent is no sure thing.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Schloicka on May 22, 2019, 10:44:10 PM
Sox win a HR game. Hembree with the win. On to the next game in Toronto at 12:37 Thursday.

Hembree got the win, but technically he gets a blown save in the 12th and a save in the 13th.  But a fail by all the relievers who usually get the call.  Of the five  from the BP all gave up a run except Brasier who had a clean inning.

Cora could have let  Rick pitch the 7th (only 80 pitches). Unfortunately the BP may be out of gas with Weber pitching today and in Houston tomorrow.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 22, 2019, 11:58:58 PM
Quote from: longgame on May 22, 2019, 06:21:05 PM
Betts, hitting second, is second in the league in runs.  Benitendi, unfortunately is rarely on ahead of him.  I’d at least switch them, but Beni may belong further down the lineup.

Betts is hitting 50 points lower than he was at this time last season, and, yes, he is holding up his end to a point but Benintendi is no lead off man in my opinion.  I'd like to see him hitting between third and fifth in the order but my vote doesn't count.  Still can't understand why Ted that Cora made that switch in the first place.  Mookie and Benny did very well hitting one-two in that order last season.  Hell it helped with a title.
Well, it's a VICTORY that comes with HEAVY ware & tare...….  Put Chavis hitting 2nd with BETTS leading off...… Give Bennie a different look from further down !!! iono iono

elktonnick

The foolishness of Cora's strategy of having Beni leadoff is that despite last night's hit Beni has only one or two hits in the first inning.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 23, 2019, 06:00:41 AM
Quote from: Schloicka on May 22, 2019, 10:44:10 PM

Hembree got the win, but technically he gets a blown save in the 12th and a save in the 13th.  But a fail by all the relievers who usually get the call.  Of the five  from the BP all gave up a run except Brasier who had a clean inning.

Cora could have let  Rick pitch the 7th (only 80 pitches). Unfortunately the BP may be out of gas with Weber pitching today and in Houston tomorrow.

He overcompensated for not pulling him the last time.  With a bullpen game coming up, Porcello should have gone at least another inning.