GAME #75, TUESDAY, JUNE 18, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by Schloicka, June 18, 2019, 06:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

I'm old school, but would like them to consider again the extra inning play, say after the 10th, put a runner on second and try to score him. (regular season --- not playoffs)  If you play games each day, one of Tuesday's games ever week or so kills your staff, both clubs.

Bill-806

Is it my eyes, or is TWINS PARK extra LARGE ???  If so, must play SMALL BALL instead of LONG BALL ?? Just saying...…….. iono iono iono iono iono

longgame

I made it to about the 14th I think, but was in bed and half asleep already.  The Twins hung tough answering everything the Sox were able to do.

Let's hope they can get the series win tonight. 

SeaBeachFred

The game could have gone either way last night (or early morning) and it went against us in the 17th.  We had three leads during he contest and each time coughed it up.  To boot we got 17 hits, an average one an inning and when you can do that you should be able to score more than three runs---but we didn't hit when it counted and went down.   The team can blame no one but themselves for it.  When you play a good team you need to take full advantage of every chance you get, but  these LOBsters have hurt us badly this season.  All we can do is win the rubber match tonight if we don't want to start going back to where we started.  The Yankees are currently battering TB 6-1 and we need to win tonight so as not to fall even further back.

Truth be told, I believe more strongly than ever  that our best  hope is a Wild Card berth because it looks more and more like the AL East might be beyond our talents this season.  I wish it weren't so but only a win tonight and a bang-up home stand can make me change my mind.  I hope we have enough energy left to go out there this evening and prevail.  We need this win.

AND WE GOT IT!!!!!!! GOOD JOB!!!!!

Sea Dog 23

Good points, Fred.  And the Yanks went on to win 12-1.  I don't think they're done dealing.  With their depth in NY and down the system, I think they'll go for one or two pitchers before the  trade deadline, which will make them a tough out this year.