GAME #152, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, September 19, 2018, 04:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 19, 2018, 10:41:27 PM
We scored one run tonight and two last night-----the team's offense has gone to shit.    Our bullpen sucks and I've had it with Kelly and this piece of shit Cuevas.  Those two and Poopie Pants Pomeranz need to be exiled and not used again unless it is mop up time.  In 1964, the Phillies squandered a 6.5 lead in the last 12 games and lost ten games in a row to blow the pennant.  The way we're playing we could also lose ten in a row.   Tonight Swihart and Holt were on the bench but got in and got hits and I don't understand why they are not in the lineup.  What the @#$% is Cora thinking anyway.  It also doesn't help that Mookie chokes, Benny chokes, bogie chokes, Moreland chokes, not a hit from any of them and now that Leon got a hit tonight we can expect Alexz to keep playing him even if his average sinks into the 170's.  Something is really off with this team, record or not.  The Yanks had not been hitting at all the past couple of weeks and they come in tonight and plaster our pitchers.  Right now we are a shitty team and we had better wake the hell up.  Somebody out there take charge.  We looked leaderless and rudderless tonight and have looked that way on and off for the past month.  I totally pissed off about this team now.  We could actually blow this thing.
As the ROSTER TURNS...…. NUNEZ is DONE/COOKED !!!!  Phillips & Holt will be the 3rd baseman in the POST SEASON.....  DEVERS ????????? iono iono iono

longgame

The biggest concern is that they've now ha a couple of tune ups in the past 2 weeks with Houston and NY and now Cleveland coming up and they've shown they can't hit these guys and the pen can't hold them.  I'd expect the bats to come around, although am concerned that the weather is changing and the balls aren't going to be flying out like they do in midsummer, a classic Sox problem.  But I don't have any faith in the bullpen.  Who can they turn to?  They've got nothing there.

Bill-806

BTW, As far as DAVID PRICE & the YANK$ are concerned, it comes down to the YANK$ knowing that they can take him DEEP at the STADIUM because PRICE  is SOOOOOOO  PREDICTABLE as always on/around the plate and then it becomes a FLICK of the WRIST and the BALL is long gone & hard to fine !!!  MHO of course !!! iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl

ipot

Quote from: longgame on September 20, 2018, 08:04:53 AM
The biggest concern is that they've now ha a couple of tune ups in the past 2 weeks with Houston and NY and now Cleveland coming up and they've shown they can't hit these guys and the pen can't hold them.  I'd expect the bats to come around, although am concerned that the weather is changing and the balls aren't going to be flying out like they do in midsummer, a classic Sox problem.  But I don't have any faith in the bullpen.  Who can they turn to?  They've got nothing there.

Yup, tough competition in those teams.  And they're exposing all our weaknesses.  It's sad when you have to assume we can win 2 out of 3 from the O's in order to clinch the division because Cleveland and the NYY are giving us an armful of pressure.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

Similar to last season.  We aren't going very far again in 2018.
It has been a great season, unfortunately, it's ovah!

Bill-806

Quote from: Bear on September 20, 2018, 02:26:51 PM
Bring back J F ?????? iono iono iono

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 20, 2018, 02:48:44 PM

LOL, if we had Farrell we'd be halfway through a losing month and trying to fight off the Rays for the final wild card spot. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on September 20, 2018, 03:32:45 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on September 20, 2018, 02:48:44 PM

LOL, if we had Farrell we'd be halfway through a losing month and trying to fight off the Rays for the final wild card spot.
& that is a B I N G O, my boy !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl