GAME #150, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2018, NEW YORK METS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 16, 2018, 06:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Workman with the win. Wright? with the save. I thought the pen did very well. I feel 2 of the runs the Met's got were because of poor play by the fielders. Bett's throw home & Lin missing the ball in CF. But the Sox pulled it out.

And the Jays beat the Yankees 3-2 so the magic number is now 2. One win in NY will wrap the division up. On to Tuesday at 1pm.

Bear

Ain't that somethin...11.5 ahead of yankees.

BoSoxFanNY

Sea Dog 23

Sporting News reports Mookie should be OK.  Cora said he would play in NY Tuesday, probably as the DH.

SeaBeachFred

After Friday's game I was in a tizzy at how poor we played---hitting and pitching and thought here we go dragging it out to the end of the season by giving games away or getting bopped around.  Well two days later the picture has done a 180 degree turn, or is it a 360 one.  Two close wins (that's how we seem to win them lately) and two close Yankee losses.  Now if we can just win one of those games at Yankee Stadium this coming three game series we've got the AL East again, and since the Twins and Jays each won two of three from them two of three by our squad would be even better. I never thought I would see this team go up 11.5 games on the Yankees, our biggest lead of the season, but maybe we just like to make things interesting.

Boy has Brock Holt turned into a clutch money player.  He seems to be rising to the occasion more often now than most of the rest of the crew but it takes everyone doing their job so when the big guns are silent it take guys like Holt, Kinsler, Swihart, Nunez, Bradley and others to pick up the slack.  Turned into a very nice weekend the last two days. Enjoy  the day off tomorrow and come out smoking on Tuesday.  Please, just wrap this thing up as early as possible.

markj

I would love to see the Sox wrap this up on Tuesday and then send out their AA team for the rest of the series. Just to thumb their noses at the Yankees.

longgame

Nice to be 11 1/2 up with 12 games left.  The Yankees have tanked just as the going got tough. 

Weird game, sort of typical for the Mets though - they get good pitching and lose. 

I think that we'll see more of the same with lineups resting 2 or 3 guys at a time.  I'd expect Mookie to get an extra day off and likely see JBJ and Beni off on Tuesday, especially if we see a lefty.  That gives each of those guys 2 full days off just like the guys yesterday.   The rest of the guys get regular rest anyhow - we have platoons at 1B, 3B and catcher. 

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on September 16, 2018, 02:53:58 PM
Wrights going to pitch the 9th? Hang on to your a**. Cora determined to make it interesting. Should be interesting.
Wright is a GAMER  !!!  Got to love that knuckle ball !!!!

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 16, 2018, 09:10:11 PM
After Friday's game I was in a tizzy at how poor we played---hitting and pitching and thought here we go dragging it out to the end of the season by giving games away or getting bopped around.  Well two days later the picture has done a 180 degree turn, or is it a 360 one.  Two close wins (that's how we seem to win them lately) and two close Yankee losses.  Now if we can just win one of those games at Yankee Stadium this coming three game series we've got the AL East again, and since the Twins and Jays each won two of three from them two of three by our squad would be even better. I never thought I would see this team go up 11.5 games on the Yankees, our biggest lead of the season, but maybe we just like to make things interesting.

Boy has Brock Holt turned into a clutch money player.  He seems to be rising to the occasion more often now than most of the rest of the crew but it takes everyone doing their job so when the big guns are silent it take guys like Holt, Kinsler, Swihart, Nunez, Bradley and others to pick up the slack.  Turned into a very nice weekend the last two days. Enjoy  the day off tomorrow and come out smoking on Tuesday.  Please, just wrap this thing up as early as possible.

Truly surprising and helpful that the Twins AND the Jays beat the Yankees
AND won their series against them.
WOW!

Would love to see our Sox beat them in the Bronx AND win the AL EAST!